Slowing down the walking

• 2 weeks later...

Can they not update Avernum 1 to use Avernum 2's mouse scheme? Man, it is sooo much better. Left click works as it should (one click, one step. Hold it down and zooom! Off ya go and no more barrel-pushing, door-opening annoyances!). Right click brings up the talk/look command (that's right, it intuits which one you want!). Seriously... it should be updated.

Quote:
Originally written by Lochmacher:
Can they not update Avernum 1 to use Avernum 2's mouse scheme?
They could, but Spiderweb has never done something like this before. Apparently Jeff's code is something of a mess, so changing one little bit here could throw off the balance in three other places that he doesn't expect.

Oh, freak, I thought I was the only one annoyed by the "two step" annoyance from A1. Setting the speed lower didn't seem to work for me, and I just need to have it higher anyway, for everything else (got a lot of work to do killing those Imperial Slugs)!

It would be REALLY cool if Mr. Vogel would release updates to the engines and bugs and stuff for registered users of his games. I would be on this site, like, eight times as much as I already am. Which isn't that much, actually. Sorry guys...