Exile I creature stats

Fireball Fodder

15 hours ago, Randomizer said:

The later Exile games had a spell that let you see the stats of a target.

I don't think it was available in the the first game. But most information remained the same between the different games.

I know about the spell. Thing is, the stats actually did change from game to game. Especially in Exile III, where most monsters got buffed quite a bit.

13 hours ago, Debt Complexion said:

I think the stat labelled "speed" there might be a mistranslation from Japanese, and is really the "skill" stat.  Which IIRC mostly affected accuracy.

Thank you, I'm pretty sure that it's actually meant to be Skill (and Speed isn't listed). Otherwise it does seem broadly accurate, though some things are a bit suspect (e.g. 500 HP seems a bit much for a Golem).

It's interesting how monster spell levels only go up to 5... and how weaker monsters were in Exile I compared to Exile III/BoE.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 10:36 PM, Debt Complexion said:

The monster spell levels are a bit odd.  Especially on the characters who teach you level 6 and 7 spells... hah.

Almost certainly the result of there being so few spells for the monsters back then.

I did find/remember a few more oddities, such as Soldiers getting weaker in the later games. Also cats having armor 7 :D (armor can obviously represent agility/dodge capability, as Gremlins have 8 and Bats have 5).