A3 reloading during a fight

Quote:
Originally written by Long Gray Road:
Apple-O on a Mac or (I think) control-O on a PC doesn't do it? It's probably a bug.

—Alorael, who can't imagine that it's an old copy problem. Even the oldest version of A3 should have the same loading capabilities as A1 and A2.
Agreed. I've been able to reload any game during a fight, be it an Exile, Avernum, or Geneforge game, or even Nethergate.

Ctrl-O is the correct shortcut for loading a game the PC, so it should work; if not, try hitting Esc and clicking "Load Saved Game."

I've had problems with combat loading in BoE, where I'm surrounded by a horde of webslinging spiders who leave my party with 0 AP and refuse to attack, so combat is endless and I can't reload. I end up having to Ctrl+Alt+Del out of BoE when that happens. Are you experiencing a similar problem?

Just trying to clarify.

Hi, thanks all of you, but I cant reload even when its my turn in any fight so far, pressing esc works but its a pain, also there is no haste and a lot of other spells I should have even though I am level 9 and have high mage and priest skills for just starting the game all I have is far sight and light. Maybe the disc didnt load properly, I think I am going to have to delete the program and start again. Just finished upper Avernum, will be a pain to start over. Any ideas before I do that?

Quote:
Originally written by readhead:
also there is no haste and a lot of other spells I should have even though I am level 9 and have high mage and priest skills for just starting the game all I have is far sight and light.
...this is going to sound really stupid. Are you in combat mode? Or in the outdoors? Where are you when you can't access all the spells?

If you're in the outdoors, Far Sight and Light are the only ones that should show up for a mage, but that's the only situation I can think of where that makes sense. Unless you didn't actually learn the spells, in which case you should try giving them to your mage via the character editor.

Quote:
Originaly by Readhead
Hi, I have learned the spells or rather my mage has, I dont see them either in combat or non combat, indoors or outdoors.
Go to your skills list and click on "Mage Spells" on the bottem right corner.
If there not there, then yes, the game screwed into itself.