Reputation Guide? [GF1:M]

Greetings travelers!

Is there some sort of reputation guide or list of dialogue options and their resulting reputation effects for GF1:M? I recently completed QW2 and I relied heavily on Davies' work regarding this (https://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/topic/27853-qw2-reputation/ - thank you Davies!) I've looked through this forum for something similar for this game, but I'm not having any luck. Anyone know? 

Thanks.

Edit: Alternatively, does anyone have the code text(s) I can enter to receive current reputation scores? For example, in QW2, I could type "gsdf 80 [x]" (x = 6, 7, or 16) into the cheat code box to get that info. Anyone know what to type in GF1:M?

Edited by Hyperion703
See above.

Thanks, Amira.

I'm glued to that post while I play. I've had limited success with Randomizer's resource for that purpose specifically (I mention this because, for literally everything else, those guides are almost obligatory and have done more for my SW game enjoyment than any other resource - big thank you to Randomizer spanning a half-dozen titles personally.)

I appreciate the effort.

Edited by Hyperion703

I think there hasn't been a big call for a reputation guide since it's usually pretty clear which choice is pro-servile and which is anti-servile. And Darian can set your opinion to the threshold needed to join whatever faction you want.

QW2 had your ending and the outcome of the final act depend on your reputation and had some dialogue options that were a lot less obvious.

I read another post around here by someone who was essentially locked out of joining the Awakened and the Obeyers due to dialogue choices they had made in Vikkiri prior to understanding what was even going on. That's basically where I'm at. 

I'm about halfway through the game it seems. No matter what I say or do, neither of the aforementioned factions will accept me. I understand that I can ask Darien to help me out with one of those factions. But, what about the other one? 

I've read your report on joining all three factions (too late, however) and reaping the rewards of all three. As an admitted completionist, I was excited about that. I also looked ahead and calculated what I'd miss if I hadn't joined one or more factions. Although not required to finish the game, the amount of content missed by not joining even one of those factions is quite immense. Many missions worth. Let alone not joining either (x2!)

Ngl, this hasn't sat well with me. I'm half tempted to just quit at this point and leave this game with the distinction of being the only SW game I've played which I didn't complete. You are correct: As the game progresses, players completely unfamiliar with the storyline of Geneforge games begin to understand what is going on. And make dialogue choices based on that knowledge. I didn't even realize until after Vakkiri of the dynamics of Sucio Island, let alone use that knowledge. If I had to make one criticism of this game, I feel it is unfair to essentially punish new players who made poor choices at the beginning of the game due to unfamiliarity by limiting their game play.  

Apologies for unloading. I'm just frustrated by this situation. And, tbh, I really haven't felt much like playing in recent days because of it. Maybe I'll feel differently in a few years.

There are still places in the mid game where you can answer opinion dialogues to shift in one direction without using Learned Darian. Push to pro-Servile to join the Awaken and Takers before using him to ship back to the Obeyers is one way. The other is go pro-Shaper to join the Obeyers and then use him to join the Awaken and Takers. 

High leadership will allow you to avoid some quests to join that might alienate other factions or worse turn areas hostile by killing a leader.

1 hour ago, Hyperion703 said:

I read another post around here by someone who was essentially locked out of joining the Awakened and the Obeyers due to dialogue choices they had made in Vikkiri prior to understanding what was even going on. That's basically where I'm at. 

I'm about halfway through the game it seems. No matter what I say or do, neither of the aforementioned factions will accept me. I understand that I can ask Darien to help me out with one of those factions. But, what about the other one? 

I've read your report on joining all three factions (too late, however) and reaping the rewards of all three. As an admitted completionist, I was excited about that. I also looked ahead and calculated what I'd miss if I hadn't joined one or more factions. Although not required to finish the game, the amount of content missed by not joining even one of those factions is quite immense. Many missions worth. Let alone not joining either (x2!)

Ngl, this hasn't sat well with me. I'm half tempted to just quit at this point and leave this game with the distinction of being the only SW game I've played which I didn't complete. You are correct: As the game progresses, players completely unfamiliar with the storyline of Geneforge games begin to understand what is going on. And make dialogue choices based on that knowledge. I didn't even realize until after Vakkiri of the dynamics of Sucio Island, let alone use that knowledge. If I had to make one criticism of this game, I feel it is unfair to essentially punish new players who made poor choices at the beginning of the game due to unfamiliarity by limiting their game play.  

Apologies for unloading. I'm just frustrated by this situation. And, tbh, I really haven't felt much like playing in recent days because of it. Maybe I'll feel differently in a few years.

Joining all 3 factions is a rather meta thing to do and not even remotely necessary for any character. If you use Darian's services, you could still join the Awakened and the Takers. All you miss out on from the Obeyers of note is 1 rank in Create Fyora.

The game does mention the reputation system early on and that the serviles will talk about how you respond. It's usually pretty obvious which choice leads to which reputation ("I think serviles are people too" vs "shut up and listen to me, creations"). I don't mean to sound overly harsh, but if you've been waffling between the two very different viewpoints throughout the game, the outcome of neither faction wanting you to join shouldn't be especially surprising.

Actually, I just remembered there's a cheat you can use to change your rep if this is really bothering you

"sdf 100 1 X" Replace X with a number. 90 should be a low enough to join Obeyers, 110 should be high enough to join Awakened/Takers. You can also use "gsdf 100 1" to check what your reputation value is at any time.

This is more of a debug tool than a cheat, so this one might not even remove achievement qualifications like other cheats.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Mechalibur. I appreciate the info. 

Ultimately, none of that mattered. My agent character ended up murdering every living thing on the island. Enemies, friends, indifferent passersby. Sholai, shapers, thahds. Awakened, Obeyers, Takers, Inutile. Men and women. Adults and children. Even the innocent grazing ornks. Everything. 

Then she sat patiently on the beach of the eastern shore to see one final sunrise before she self-immolated. 

I guess those canisters really messed her head up.

Edited by Hyperion703