Avernum 1 "Erika Redmark"

I can't find her...

I know this sounds SOOO lame, but I just can't find her tower...

I've been as far west as to find that dragon (think she's called Sulfras or something). I've been to Akronath and those other random places, but I REALLY want to find Erika. She's supposed to be powerful (though not as powerful as in Avernum 3)...

HELP! (Again)

- Archmagus Micael

I'll try not to make a habit of asking these really dumb questions, but I'm kinda STUCK!

Ok, I think the best thing for you, is just to download Avernum 1, and look in its folder, to find a complete map of Avernum. Its almost the same as Exile, so the map also will be almost the same. I'm afraid the other thing I wanted to suggest, Isn't there anymire. It was a great website, but I suspect that its down.

EDIT:

I just looked at the maps and realized, that her tower isn't put on it! I'm sorry, but as I said, the site I wanted to suggest id down. maybe someone else can help you. although i thought her tower indeed was quite far to the west. maybe you should try to travel as far south as you can, start at, say the very southeastern corner and walk west. then you should find her.

Quote:
Originally written by Thralni:
Ok, I think the best thing for you, is just to download Avernum 1, and look in its folder, to find a complete map of Avernum. Its almost the same as Exile, so the map also will be almost the same. I'm afraid the other thing I wanted to suggest, Isn't there anymire. It was a great website, but I suspect that its down.
There's a map of Avernum, yeah, but it doesn't has less than 1/4 of the IMPORTANT towns in it, let alone the unimportant. Half of the map is "UNKNOWN TERRITORY HERE", or "BARBARIAN SLITHS HERE"...

- Archmagus Micael

Quote:
Originally written by Thralni:
Look at the EDIT section of my previous post. I', sorry I can't offer anything else. You also could try google...
Oh. Must have missed that the first time around.

Oh well, I'll just wait til Kelandon or someone else comes online to help me...

- Archmagus Micael

Quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:
Get one of the Giant's Boats and follow the waterway to the west. When you reach as far as you can go Erika's Tower should be on the North side of the river. You may also wish to check out the Avernum Annotated maps site, which there is a link to in the forum header...
<sarcasm> Great! </sarcasm> - That means I have to go into Giant Territory. Last time i tried that, I nearly got butchered. Oh well, at least I know the secret passage out of that (INSERT NAME OF PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JOIN SCIMITAR GROUP HERE). Maybe my party can make it out alive...

- Archmagus Micael

If you get butchered whenever you enter giant territory, then it's unlikely you're ready to visit Erika yet. Erika's tower has tests to prevent you from reaching her until your characters are quite strong.

Given that there are a lot of demons about, you should probably wait until you are strong enough to obtain the orb of thralnai, before you explore the waters west of the giant fort.