separate item stacks?

i currently have 29 javelins.  since i am a shaper, i dont have the strength to equip them without becoming encumbered.  is there a way to separate them into smaller stacks, or am i doomed to dump the whole stack? its frustrating, as they do more damage than pods, but the encumbrance penalty is more than i am willing to take. i cant find anything in the instructions to separate them, so any assistance would be appreciated!

15 hours ago, Sircedric said:

i currently have 29 javelins.  since i am a shaper, i dont have the strength to equip them without becoming encumbered.  is there a way to separate them into smaller stacks, or am i doomed to dump the whole stack? its frustrating, as they do more damage than pods, but the encumbrance penalty is more than i am willing to take. i cant find anything in the instructions to separate them, so any assistance would be appreciated!

What Randomizer said. 

And then of course: If you're a Shaper your damage comes from your creations. Sure Javelins are OK in the very early game but you will run out of uses for them before you use 29 of them. I doubt I used more than 10, to be honest.