Geneforge Wiki

There was a thread about this some years ago, but since Mutagen came out I've been trying to add to the Geneforge Wiki. It is currently very partial; there are some very good articles, but the vast majority of the information is about Geneforge 1 and (a bit) about Geneforge 5. I've added quite a bit of the Mutagen specific content, and lots of information abut mid-Geneforge 1 and early-Geneforge 2. There is very little about Geneforge 3 or Geneforge 4. I don't think I'm the only person updating it, but there are very few and I can't manage it all on my own.

In the previous thread, a lot of people asked what the point of a Geneforge Wiki is. I think the main point is preserving, so far as possible, the incredibly rich world that Jeff has created here. There will probably come a time when nobody is playing Geneforge games any more, but it will be easier to preserve this kind of archive. It might also attract Wiki-surfers to buy the games.

And, anyway, it's fun. The Wiki is here:

https://geneforge.fandom.com/wiki/Geneforge_Wiki

It’s great to see another person editing the Geneforge Wiki. The more the merrier!

Creating, enhancing and maintaining repositories of information like this is a really great thing for fans to do. It takes time and effort, but the result can be an extremely valuable community resource. One need only look at the Encylopedia Ermariana to see how useful and informative a Wiki based on Spiderweb games can be.

The Geneforge Wiki is clearly a work in progress, but it’s getting better all the time! All the more so for the additional material you’ve added in to flesh out Mutagen, and Geneforge 2, KoalaLumpur. So, keep up the good work! And you too, Mechalibur! Your efforts are inspiring. While I’m not sure there’s much I can contribute, since there are plenty of people who know far more about this series than I do, I’ll have a look from time to time and see if there’s anything I can add too!

May I encourage others to do the same? Are you interested in Geneforge lore? Do you want to share your knowledge? Then give the Wiki a shot! With our combined efforts, the Geneforge Wiki can only get better!