A6 Position question

ClawBug

Is rentar keep reachable in the game? I have wandered around the river (near the abyss) for some days and I find no bridge no tunnel to across the river! 

how is that possible?

Also I know there is a framing sword in the honeycomb but I just can't find it. Do anyone know where I can find the lovely sword?

3 hours ago, Randomizer said:

Use the Orb of Thralni to cross.

Nice idea, but I’m afraid that’s not the solution this time. The Orb of Thralni has lost its power by the time of Avernum 6!

If you’re looking for a way into Rentar-Ihrno’s old keep, ClawBug, then why not ask her kinsfolk? Perhaps the Vahnatai in Tenevra will have something to say on the matter? After all, don’t forget that the Vahnatai are experts in long-distance teleportation!

12 hours ago, Ess-Eschas said:

Nice idea, but I’m afraid that’s not the solution this time. The Orb of Thralni has lost its power by the time of Avernum 6!

If you’re looking for a way into Rentar-Ihrno’s old keep, ClawBug, then why not ask her kinsfolk? Perhaps the Vahnatai in Tenevra will have something to say on the matter? After all, don’t forget that the Vahnatai are experts in long-distance teleportation!

yes.we can use a portal to reach the rentar keep.

but for the last time I played I remember the dark land is reachable to the player and the rentar keep is just North of the dark land.

Ah, I think I understand what you mean now!

Unfortunately, I’m afraid you’re probably mistaken. There is no way to access that portion of the map in Avernum 6. While it is possible to cross the river west of the Abyss in a few places, your explorations are very tightly controlled. You never get to see anything more than about a screen’s worth of map for your troubles.

The vast majority of the lands west and north of the Abyss, past the river, cannot be reached in Avernum 6. Sorry!

If by some chance you *could* make it to those parts of the map, you’d quickly see why. There’s very little there. Besides some simple decoration, there are no creatures or encounters in that part of the caves. The map segments don’t even connect properly, so you’d have a hard time even moving around!

Sadly, Avernum 4 is the last time you get to explore that area fully.

I suspect locking off that section of the map is a quite deliberate design decision. After all, it ties in quite nicely to some of the broad themes of the game. Avernum 6 is all about the slow return of the caves of Avernum to their wild, frontier days. And what better way to demonstrate that than to make an important part of the caves inaccessible, simply because of an overgrowth of cave fauna, and a lack of suitable boat-builders!