For those maps with environmental damage - can it be stopped?

kohta3

So I'm doing a torment run, which is... gruelling, since the enemies are uncompromising to say the least. Having a lot of fun though.

For those maps with the environmental damage, like the power core, or the west workshop, is there any way to mitigate and/or stop this? It seems to damage me frequently enough that I'm suspicious it's there on purpose to stop me progressing until I find some sort of item, since it's tough on my essence to need to keep healing everyone all the time.

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by kohta3
answered one of my own questions

• kohta3 changed the title to For those maps with environmental damage - can it be stopped?

1. Leaving the zone and returning will remove the newly spawned creations like the "ghost" ones. This gives you a better chance because you have eliminated some of the fixed creations. Destroying a spawner will prevent more new creations from that spawner, but there are 5 spawners.

Recommended advice is remove a spawner and flee to recharge and heal. You can do them all on torment, but it is very hard depending upon your level and build. I save that area until I've done reaching the Geneforge area.

2. The Western Workshop with cold damage can be ended if you find and shut down the source. The other two are constant damage, but the Power Core might be easier in fight mode after you clear the northern part of it. Southern Workshop has controls with enough mechanics to get the place to destroy shades.

Good luck.

9 hours ago, Randomizer said:

1. Leaving the zone and returning will remove the newly spawned creations like the "ghost" ones. This gives you a better chance because you have eliminated some of the fixed creations. Destroying a spawner will prevent more new creations from that spawner, but there are 5 spawners.

Recommended advice is remove a spawner and flee to recharge and heal. You can do them all on torment, but it is very hard depending upon your level and build. I save that area until I've done reaching the Geneforge area.

2. The Western Workshop with cold damage can be ended if you find and shut down the source. The other two are constant damage, but the Power Core might be easier in fight mode after you clear the northern part of it. Southern Workshop has controls with enough mechanics to get the place to destroy shades.

Good luck.

Thank you! I somehow missed this reply earlier.

Yeah I realised eventually that those ghost clawbugs were being spawned in the top left, so my suspicion was unfortunately correct. I feel like I could do it eventually if I tried enough times, but I might just give it another couple of levels.

As for 2 - appreciate the advice. Are those the only three areas with continuous environmental damage then? Southern Workshop is clear already, but the others have damaged me too much to do much exploring. Maybe fight mode is the way to go then.

I can advise two things.

Get two canisters immediately: Essence Shield and Protection. Or replace the latter with an Artila that can use Flash Shield. Do not forget to stock up on Essence Pods if essence management is getting too hairy.

Also, as far as I know, Power Core has sets of Grounded Vests and Grounded Boots in the beginning of the area to help mitigate the energy environmental damage.

Edited by Sokhbep