Arcane Weapons

Judanas

Arcane weapons are meant to be extra chance of damage with critical hits and the best ones have different bonuses with. my preference slow. It really depends upon your fighting style and whether you want speed to hit sooner and more often or cleave to hit adjacent monsters.

Fair, I may be undervaluing the status effects and the chance of a critical hit relative to say, Folded Steel's +5 Physical Damage and 5 higher base damage (Actually, is the higher base damage on folded steel from that +5 base damage or is it doubling up on extra damage?)

The damage listed on the folded steel blade includes the +5, I believe. 

Anyway, arcane weapons have a few notable advantages. 1. They boost spell damage by their weapon level, just like wands/staffs, so they make good weapons for mages. 2. They do magic damage, so against armored enemies, they are comparatively stronger choices. 3. The status effects they inflict stack with status effect inflicted by the various weapon techniques. So if the weapon inflicts vulnerable and you combine it with the ability that inflicts vulnerable, you can get 2 stacks on the target with a single attack.

The crit chance is also nice, but nothing really interacts with crits in this game, so it's really just damage.

Edited by Mechalibur