Every Avernum game has a place where you can buy revival from the dead (and it appears in the hints to start out the game), but it varies from game to game. Which one are you playing?

EDIT: Generally, a good bet is to go to the Tower of Magi. They can help you there (except possibly in A3, not sure).

Yeah. I was just checking it out. Another little potion icon comes up called "resurrection". At least for avernum 3. But all the games have the same concept, so hopefully you know where I'm getting at. smile If you aren't a big fan of cheating, the cost is kinda high. (700+ for the healer at shayder) So prices aren't exactly cheap.

Head back to Fort Emergence and find Eva in the animal pen SE of the map. She raises the dead for reasonable rates. Make sure you pick up any gear the dear departed dropped at the time of their passing or else you end with an unequipped and underdressed party member.

btw, why do they have to wear Pants (apart from a point or two of protection)? The character images are all decently dressed and I've never had NPCs react against one of my party whom I've forgotten to equip with Pants.

Another thing I can add on to that is cursed items are generally hard to identify yourself. By this i mean even if you have a high amount of item lore, you probably won't be able to identify what the object is. My advice: If you see something and aren't sure what it is, try it on, then if it doesnt come off reload the game.

My advice is not to use unidentified equipment, potions, scrolls, and wands. It's not that expensive to pay for an identifier, and they're scattered conveniently.

—Alorael, who only bothers with "unknown" gear when he knows what it is. If you find a halberd in the Remote Cavern, it's probably worth using (although there is a cursed fake...).