quest help :(

iloverushandledzepp

earth Empires: I understand now :)

Kelandon: in E3:RW you can accesses later areas any time (IIRC) but this can be unwise ;) as if you go near sharmik (I think that's how its spelled) or even more north before you defeat the slimes, you are going to have a bad day ;) trust me,I found that out the hard way lol

guys, there's a few quests haven't been able to start in goldcraig (ie. the guy in the inn is not there lol and a few others I haven't been able to find) as well as the lady in the inn wont give me quest...any hints?

Randomizer: oh! i see. thankyou

I have another question: when can I get the key for avadon dungeon from callan? wait I forget. do I get it during the first mission? ill have to see when I get home lol :p correct me if i'm wrong (if I don't get it at that time) m memory is not too good somedays

I think from looking at Synergizer's Item List that you don't get the key from Callan until after the second trip to the Kva Lands. It's been a few years since I played the game so I need to refer back to that list. The idea was to restrict areas until you were at a high enough level not to die.

I helped beta test the game. Synergy and I spent months playing and making notes for the Item List. This was back when the hidden switches were really hard to see so it was easy for us to walk past them.

These are special items:

The first dungeon level has the Avadon Gate key.

The Secure Cells has the Avadon Cells key.

• 4 weeks later...

why did they design the game like that? :( that's silly of them lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That's one thing you have to get used to very soon in this game.

It's not as "linear" as you might be used to from other similar games.

There's a LOT of going back to areas you've been to before, over and over, to accomplish different tasks, and a lot of those quests you couldn't find, items you couldn't locate or people that weren't there will show up on later visits. Not to mention going back and talking to the same people over and over to get more quests from them (and having to remember to do it so you don't miss any later quests)

The big problem with that for me is that you're left wondering if you missed something..???

Or is it a bug in the game..???

Or..???

When it's just part of the design philosophy of the game.

I ended up wandering and wandering and wasting a lot of time backtracking before coming to these forums and starting to rely heavily on the FAQs and Maps and Spoilers and posts in the forum instead of feeling like I could just rely on myself to find things and figure out what to do next in the game.

:(

In compiling the information in the FAQs and Spoilers we had to do all the back and forth talking to people and finding out some require following the right path through dialogue trees. Then there are some NPCs that sound like they will give you another quest, but then they never do it.