Avadon game difficulty

Dikiyoba

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the fact that on Normal and Casual, the game, as the description for normal says, "starts out quite easy but comes a challenge as you get close to the end." I played the whole game on Casual, and it was perfectly balanced up until the final Corruption quest, where every fight became a huge deal (even the trash mobs) and I was suddenly taking loads more damage. I had two to three times more downed characters in those last few zones than the entire rest of the game. Why? I wanted to finsh the game to see how it ended, not to spend 5 minutes on every single fight. If I wanted challenging fights, I would be playing on a higher difficulty, or doing the optional boss fights. Which is a real shame because, again, the difficulty was really good up until that point. Battles were relatively interesting without being tough or drawn out. There were some enemies that were stronger and some that were weaker, enough information about those enemies to determine who would be strong and who would be weak, and enough freedom to be able to seek out greater or lesser challenges when that's what I was in the mood for. Except for those last two quests, new main quests didn't suddenly mean a huge jump in difficulty. But then you get to those quests and the game becomes tedious and unfun. So close, and yet so far.

Dikiyoba.

I actually found that to only be the case on my first playthrough. My second, where I knew a lot better what was going on and what I should do, was a lot easier even on those last two quests, leaving me confident enough to be able to take on two of the three optional bosses, as well, and considering a traitor runthrough now. That said, I do think that the penultimate (or ultimate for a loyalist run) stage of the game, fighting one's way through to Fort Foresight, could easily be omitted or shortened without anything of value being lost.