Is it possible to report... *spoilers

Shadow Bunny

As I've said before, this quest left me the least satisfied of all. On my first run-through (which I aborted after reaching the final fight and realizing I probably should have tried harder to get consumables/quest items...) I went with option 2 (let him live, but make him pay Khalida - then break into his bedroom and rob him blind) which felt better at the time than actually killing him, but still didn't make for a very satisfying result. Especially not for poor Khalida.

I think probably the best way to approach this quest would be to leave it till the endgame.

Wait till Protus sends you on the Final Hunt quest to complete this. If you do decide to kill the SOB, you'll probably still piss off some of the villagers, but you'll have the chance to complete more of the side quests before you do.

Edited by springacres

Taking equipment you find just isn't story-based. Occasionally Jeff will throw in an NPC who tells you "stay out of my private quarters" and if you go in and take their stuff, there actually are consequences (they won't deal with you anymore), but for the most part you can carry away whatever you find and most of Lynaeus will never notice.

Taking equipment you find just isn't story-based. Occasionally Jeff will throw in an NPC who tells you "stay out of my private quarters" and if you go in and take their stuff, there actually are consequences (they won't deal with you anymore), but for the most part you can carry away whatever you find and most of Lynaeus will never notice.

Yeah, I know. It just helped my character feel like the scales of justice were a little closer to being balanced. And the lack of a "good" solution to this was one of the things that finally pushed him into full rebellion against the Pact.

Pissing off the Troezenites doesn't actually block any sidequests... right?

I do think it's weird that Xenophon wasn't punished, originally. All indications are that back then (before the sacking) Avadon responded to offenses against Hands with significant force... and back then, Xenophon was just a merchant, and not the leader of Troezen. So the "political difficulties" Redbeard et al. bring up don't seem a plausible explanation. A more believable explanation is that someone very high up (e.g., Redbeard, or the previous leader of Troezen) was involved; Khalida discovered this but Xenophon did not, and Xenophon's accusation proved the perfect pretense to erase Khalida's memory.

Here's what Redbeard, shaky as his memory is, says:

Yes, that was an ugly business. She was punished for the lies of a Dharam lord, and the lord was too powerful and effective for us to punish him. I will say nothing else about him. He is less important now. What happens to him happens. I will not be involved.

This implies he was a lord then, but perhaps this is Redbeard really just misremembering and that he was merely a very wealthy and powerful merchant supporter of Avadon.

I don't know for sure, but Melantha (sp?) and Basilia both give quests, and Melantha gives several of them, so it might be safer to complete those first JUST in case.

I do know for sure. You can still get quests from them after kiling Xenophon. They're just a little bit ruder in dealing with you than they might otherwise have been.