Very noobish question..

jbob

Hello,

First of all, hello to everyone. I am very new to Spiderweb games and I just started Escape From the Pit. I am loving it and I can't believe I didn't hear about this game before.

Anyway, just a question: When I move my characters and they use up AP, is there any way to estimate if I have enough enough AP to get somewhere, or if I have enough AP to even attack after moving? I'm not really a turn based guy and the last TBS game I played was XCOM wherein there's a sign if you could still attack after moving to a certain tile etc. I was wondering if this game had something similar. Thanks in advance!

Well over time you will become good at estimating this but I don't think there is a direct method to determine it. (Unless of course you are willing to count the number of squares in the distance and move your character with the keyboard :) )

I can though tell you that - Moving takes 1 AP, if you moved away from someone hostile it takes 4 AP and an attack/heal etc. takes 9 AP, battle disciplines don't use any AP.(All these can be done even if you don't have enough AP but then your turn will immediately end.)

Also welcome to spiderweb software, please leave your sanity at the door, the fluffy turtles need to be fed. :)

Thanks for the replies guys! Also, while I'm here, I was wondering if there is any way to find out if any items can be picked up around you (like pressing alt in diablo to highlight objects). So far I have to open the inventory to do this. I kind of find it a hassle to press the inventory button every time it seems that I can pick something up. Thanks in advance!

There's a preference option to display a movement grid during battle, which can help in judging distances. Probably a better solution would be to have the AP cost of movement appear on the cursor or something, but Spiderweb isn't always quick to adopt new ideas. You could email them and see if they have anything to say, since you're not the first person to mention it as an issue.

Thanks for the replies guys! Also, while I'm here, I was wondering if there is any way to find out if any items can be picked up around you (like pressing alt in diablo to highlight objects). So far I have to open the inventory to do this. I kind of find it a hassle to press the inventory button every time it seems that I can pick something up. Thanks in advance!

This too. Objects are visible on the ground, but not always very visible. Just make sure to search all containers and hit the inventory key while standing over where your slain enemies were, and you shouldn't miss anything important.

Avernum 4 was the worst for not being able to see objects on the ground since there were no working items to provide light. Black bodies with loot on a black cave floor. Repeated inventory searches every few steps helped.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Comparing these games to others can cause you to lose it. :)