Geneforge 1 Language Teachers Error

Ok I have to get to the 2nd group of sholai with my guardian. I am finding problems with the walkthrough on gamefaqs as it lists one of the language teachers as non taker. In reality the language teacher is obeyer I think but I don't know.

I am currently allied with Awakened and doubt that will change anytime soon. Is there any other teacher I can go to and do I need 2 to speak with the sholai leader?

If anyone can help I'd be really grateful as I have literally had little to no problems with this play through up until now.

Not sure which lesson you've had already? As Awakened, you should be able to learn a lesson from Sorkin in East Pentil. I believe you can also sneak into Toivo's tower in Kazg and read his book, or see Masha at the Refugee Caves, or read a book in the Patrolled Dell, or learn from Znaf on the Winding Road, or talkt to Gavrila at Crossroads.

Im a bit confused. I ran through the mine areas (4 areas) and picked up a entry baton or key. I don't know what that was for. This sounds like a stupid question but what should I do next? Im lvl 14, have no problem with enemies, but all I know is that I cant go to guarded bridge or any of the other places. The east pentil person wont train me in sholai language which makes no sense as I have 13 leadership. I might have to restart.

No, you don't need to restart. Are you sure you've officially joined the Awakened? Or that you're talking to the right person in Pentil East? Really, it sounds like all you really need to do is keep exploring. If you do, you'll eventually get to get to one of the places I mentioned, and study the language there. If you're trying to deal with the friendly Sholai, you really need to meet Masha at the Refugee Caves if you haven't already.

The Entry Baton you picked up in the mines will help you later in the game, but you don't have to worry about right now.

I went to masha already and she sent me to the guy in the valley. I cant understand him and the reason why is because east pentil is bugged or something. I did join the awakened because I got a message that another town noticed. I might restart some time in the future.

My biggest problems are that there is more an emphasis on solving puzzles and what not rather than combat which is what I like. That's not a problem if there is a following of people that can tell what to do next. When you don't have that, its gone which is the case.

The trip to the mines with me dodging pylons was one of the most pointless things to happen in a game. And on top of that, if I hadn't played game before, how would I know to go after there.

Avadon and Avernum each have guides to tell you how to get past things. In gamefaqs Geneforge guides, the faq-writer doesn't do a just job of describing what to do. Some of the things he says and what is true, are 2 completely different things to a point where his advice is very misleading.

You only need 3 (?) language trainings to access all content meaning even if one is bugged there are still enough possibilites to learn as listed by Triumph.

Lol at emphasis on puzzle solving in G1 which is probably the most combat heavy geneforge game especially in the northern half.

The trip to the mines with me dodging pylons was one of the most pointless things to happen in a game. And on top of that, if I hadn't played game before, how would I know to go after there.
You are being told ingame that the mines might be a possibility to get around the bridges, could be that it's Astrov who tells you ? Or you could you know just explore stuff because ? Though I agree that the mines are friggin pointless and a waste of time once you have played through them once.

Avadon and Avernum each have guides to tell you how to get past things. In gamefaqs Geneforge guides, the faq-writer doesn't do a just job of describing what to do. Some of the things he says and what is true, are 2 completely different things to a point where his advice is very misleading.
How about you actually back that up with facts ?

How about you actually back that up with facts ?

Avadon and Avernum have their own pages to tell about what to do. They are a little clearer but I was referring to the gamefaqs user who posted the faq. Its a good faq and all, but I still am a little annoyed that I cannot understand it. Certain parts I read over there were true but when I got to east pentil, even a leadership of 13 won't let me talk my way into learning the language. Now I don't know if thats my fault, his or both. His guide said that you don't need leadership but then why won't it work. Im allied with Awakened.

This character is lost, Im gonna have to start over.

Look, there is nothing to understand. Once you are awakened you talk to Sorkin who tells you that she made friends with Learned Jaffee, read his notes when he was away and can now teach you what he found out. No leadership required.

begintalknode 58;
state = 53;
personality = 0;
nextstate = -1;
condition = get_sdf(14,17) == 0;
question = "What do you know about their language?";
text1 = "Uncharacteristically, Sorkin grins. _I am afraid, Shaper, that I have engaged in a little bit of espionage. I have made the acquaintance of Learned Jaffee, inside the town. And I found out that he had made some progress learning their language._";
text2 = "_So, when I knew that he would be away, I snuck into his home and read his notes. He'd learned some of the language. Simple words. Pronunciations. Not enough by itself, but, if you learned more, you might be able to converse with outsiders._";
text3 = "Sorkin spends several hours explaining what he has learned of the outsider language to you. It is very strange and foreign sounding, but you make some progress towards being able to converse in a very simple way.";
text4 = "(You have had a lesson in the outsider's language.)";
code =
set_flag(14,17,1);
inc_flag(100,8,1);
award_party_xp(400,3);
break;

I am pretty sure you can't get the lesson from Jaffee AND Sorkin, so if you already did there might be your problem.

No, you don't need to restart. Are you sure you've officially joined the Awakened? Or that you're talking to the right person in Pentil East? Really, it sounds like all you really need to do is keep exploring. If you do, you'll eventually get to get to one of the places I mentioned, and study the language there. If you're trying to deal with the friendly Sholai, you really need to meet Masha at the Refugee Caves if you haven't already.

The Entry Baton you picked up in the mines will help you later in the game, but you don't have to worry about right now.

Ok I decided to just finish with the current character as I am already lvl 14 anyway.

So if I am correct, the basics you need to do to complete the game are-

1-Meet with the takers and hear their side after you hear obeyers/awakened side of story

2-Meet with masha and do the quest for her to learn language once

3-Learn Sholai language 3 times to meet with sholai guy in the valley

4-From here I have no idea what to do or where to go next. I have the entry baton from mines but don't know what it does and if anyone knows whether it will be NEEDED in the game?

5-Whats the best way of getting past guarded docks and is that the right way to go?

G1 isn't a super linear game...you could just keep exploring...

To end the game, you need to reach the last boat, at the Guarded Docks on the eastern coast. To pass through that zone, you'll need some servant mind food, or major fighting capability, or a red spore baton (available in The Geneforge or Research Quarters zones).

Any else you do is optional. Seriously. Almost everything in this game is optional. There is no one "right way to go," no set path you must follow. There are multiple paths and multiple methods to do almost everything. Since doing something about the Geneforge is advised, though, here's how to get there:

The entry baton you found lets you enter the complex of zones containing the Geneforge, through the West Gate. You can also enter through the Front Gate, but that involves a lot of fighting. Then just keep on trucking.

I hope that helps. If you have a more specific question, I'll try to answer it.