Interesting read...

corallus

I saw this earlier, some of you may have already seen it, but for those that haven't.. I think this is pretty awesome.. and props to the developer of the game..I hope that it makespeopel think twice before pirating, especially small companies games.. I foudn the comments to be quite funny..but also rather sad ..

http://www.greenheartgames.com/2013/04/29/what-happens-when-pirates-play-a-game-development-simulator-and-then-go-bankrupt-because-of-piracy/

:)

Saw it days ago, funny, seemed to be a mix of real cases and staged ones, just for promotional purposes. Nowadays, in the digital age, asking people to avoid piracy is beggin them to save yourself. The whole system has become obsolete already. If you get money from your work, you will get it through DONATIONS out of love and somewhat, respect; patronage. And those donations are buyers. Your morality is relative, etc etc.

Moral condemnation of pirates is just out of your own monetary interests, not out of your genuine will to spread your piece of art: people has to PAY you to see your paint; to live it, to experience it, to go through it. And videogames are art. When the internet has proven avoiding piracy as a fail, the whole system has to be adapted to those new circumstances, ideally. Though, when it´s about the money, it´s never without controversy: the old tries to survive people who goes beyond your morality. Evolution is beyond morality.

the comments are nearly all spam, which makes the situation even sadder. what are the figures on spidweb's piracy?

Jeff doesn't know and basically doesn't care, since there's no way for him to make that number go down and he's better off taking care of actual customers instead of fruitlessly combating piracy, and that's about all that can be said on the subject.

Dikiyoba thinks the saddest thing about it is that the actual game is... well, not that good.

Saw it days ago, funny, seemed to be a mix of real cases and staged ones, just for promotional purposes. Nowadays, in the digital age, asking people to avoid piracy is beggin them to save yourself. The whole system has become obsolete already. If you get money from your work, you will get it through DONATIONS out of love and somewhat, respect; patronage. And those donations are buyers. Your morality is relative, etc etc.

So you would have no problem with me buying a car off you, and then paying what I think it is worth afterwards?

Moral condemnation of pirates is just out of your own monetary interests, not out of your genuine will to spread your piece of art:

So? Do you work for your employer for free?