Some advice on Warrior power (G5)

After playing a bit of geneforge 1 I've decided to skip all the way to geneforge 5, because I've been hearing its the best out of the series. So, before playing I did a bit of research on how to build up my warrior on these forums (Strategy Central Wooo! :) ). The I played the game on easy until I reached mera-tev and Astoria's castle. I'm gonna replay it this time. And i got a small hunch. At least skill tree wise.

In the very beginning I will do nothing but raise my mechanics to 10 points (28 pts) and leadership to 8 (14 pts). That would cost me around 6 lvls in total (we include the 15 pts you get at the start of the game). By now, I should be at Rawal's Spire talking to people and grabbing the first few side quests. So, the next 4 lvls will be spent in getting my strength to lvl 8, and put a point or 2 in melee whenever I have a stray point. After that, I'll try to maximize melee to 10 or 11, and then maximize Quick Action. I calculated it all, and the all the costs combined together would add up to 18 lvls in total. Now I'm not really sure what point in the game I'll be at when I'm that level, but I assume somewhere in Mera-tev. I would already have the mechanics and leadership for the area, and by then there should be some items that can help me out other skills. Anyway, that's my plan. Give me your feedback on this please.

And for a few questions.

1.) About what point in the game should I start seriously investing in Endurance?

2.) What's items should I start looking for in the beginning to craft a good "starter" set (gloves, baubles, leggings, weapons) for my warrior?

3.) What's the best weapon in the WhiteSpires/Mera-tev area? I want some that deals damage in the hundreds. :)

4.) Whose the cheapest trainer (and most accessible) in there Whitespires/Mera-tev area?

5.) When do I get an item that raises some of my magic skills?

6.) I want to be a meat-shield guardian who's brawn can pull hair of people's chest...do I still need creations? If so, what shaping circle should I focus on? Should I combine 2 shaping circles?

Okay, I'm done for the questions for right now. I will probably have more later though...I'm just starting this game. Just because i played to Astoria, doesn't mean I looked around :p . I only really did some quests, and smashed my way through easy obsticles. I didn't really take time to explore entire areas/maps. So I know very little...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

~RainbowDash ("Aww, yeah!")

1. Geneforge 5 is fairly combat oriented in the beginning so it would be better to only get half the mechanics at the start and a little less leadership. Mechanics 6 and leadership 4 for the start and increase after talking to Shaper Rawal. Get some endurance at the start to survive poison and getting one shotted by some of the nastier monsters.

3. The stunning blade in Whitespire Pass is a nice weapon for its stun ability that on double strikes can usually keep a foe from doing anything. Names swords are nice and you will have to rotate since some creations will be immune to a damage type.

6. You don't need creations and if you wait to the Storm Plains you can get training in Shaping, With items you can eventually a level 10 without skill points.

• 2 weeks later...

I figure instead of starting a new topic I'll juts ask the question here, since it something to with Geneforge 5. I just wanted to ask....which Rebel faction would be the most fun to play? Not which faction is the most "optimal" to play, but fun...I preferably want a Faction where I can have awesome power, and can beat up any one I please and strike down anyone who gets in my way :p. Because in Geneforge I love being the 100% jerk :cool:

Oh, and I would love a Faction that roots for the end of Shaper rule.

~RainbowDashRadical

Alright, thanks for the info Randomizer. I finished G5 with Ghaldring. And even killed a few Shaper council. So now I've decided to replay the game as a Servile. I have never played a Servile before, even on G4. So I need some guidance. I am in the Mera-Tev right now, and I seem to be hitting a wall here on what I should do. Like my servile is having a hard time resisting posion and acid, my clawbugs keep dying all the time. And I always have to run back to town to recharge my health. Heck there are times I had to cheat just to get out of crazy swarms. And I hate cheating! :tired: . Maybe I'm just going in area I'm not, or its because I'm not using good strategy. Though I'm not sure how much longer I'm gonna survive, I'm running very low on spores and pods, and I'm low on money to buy more spells from Quothe.

Here are my statistics with my servile. Perhaps it can help you guys give me advice:

Name: Kevlyn

Level 27 Skill Points: 5

Exp. 26262 Next Level: 27000

Health: 385/385 Essence 42/115

Spell Energy: 226/226

Coins: 475 Wearing 48 lbs.

Str 10

Dex. 3

Int. 5

End. 8

Melee 7

Missile 2

QA 7

Parry 4

Battle Magic 2

Mental Magic 11

Blessing Magic 2 (I have Cap Kiv, so I usually switch around before battles)

Spellcraft 1

Fire Shaping 1

Battle 3

Magic 0

Healing craft 4 (+2 from the samaritian sandals)

Leadership 7

Mech 9

Luck 0

And here are the spells i know:

Create Fyora 3 Create Roamer 2 Create Thahd 1 Create Clawbug 3. I have been using two plated clawbugs as my companions for this game...and they always die :( I also feel that I wasted 10 skill points in raising battle shaping to 3 when I knew there were items that could've raised in it the future!

Firebolt 3 Burning spray 2 searer 1 ice spray 1 I have never used Battle Magic during this playthrough. Let me know if I should use it...

Daze 3 Mindsheild aura 2 Wrack 1 Unlock 2

War blessing Protection Essence Sheld Speed Thorny Aura

Minor Heal ( I don't use this anymore now that I have regular Heal) Cure Afflictions Essece Infusion Heal, Group Heal

Okay, so I've listed it all, my problems and statistics. So if you guys can give me any advice on what I should do, please do. Thanks.

~RainbowDashRadical

Okay, well I've managed to kill the Makar the assassin. But those Golems were tough. I had to cheat to get by them :( . Like they kept draining my health so much low.. and I had so many buffs on too. What do I have to do to play this game without cheating. Am I playing the Servile wrong? Perhaps i should lower the difficulty to easy, but doing that seems like cheating too, as I already had to lower the difficulty from Tricky to Normal!

Ugh, this play through is definitely one of my weaker ones.

~RainbowDashRadical

Okay, well I've managed to kill the Makar the assassin. But those Golems were tough. I had to cheat to get by them :( . Like they kept draining my health so much low.. and I had so many buffs on too. What do I have to do to play this game without cheating. Am I playing the Servile wrong? Perhaps i should lower the difficulty to easy, but doing that seems like cheating too, as I already had to lower the difficulty from Tricky to Normal!

Ugh, this play through is definitely one of my weaker ones.

~RainbowDashRadical

If you have high enough Mechanics, you can actually turn the golem over to your side.