Geneforge 4: Sociopath run?

"I intend to find out who has the most treasure, kill them, take it, and repeat the process."

I friggin' love that line, and when I play geneforge 4, I want to play a character who could say it with a straight face.

so, I'm gonna play a sociopath, most likely guzzling down every canister I find, and I have a few questions:

1: Since I'll be violently insane to the point where I resort to violence needlessly, is there any point to investing in leadership?

2: Bearing in mind that my goal is to eventually slaughter as many characters as humanly possible,Who should I ally myself with? I do need to ally with SOMEBODY, right?

1) Leadership helps lower the reputation requirements for quests, which is very useful if you want to be a successful double agent.

2) You know what I just said about being a double agent? That's a thing you can do, and is generally the optimal way to play. Make sure to keep in contact with the Shapers, do at least some of their quests early on, and keep reporting to them even for quests you complete in a pro-Rebel way so they don't give up on you. Play your cards right and you won't have to make a final choice on who to side with until the very end of the game.

This game still allows you to solve problems using leadership and then kill them for extra experience and loot. For instance Shaila's thahd in the Boiling Mudpit in the demo.

As Lilith points out playing both sides only makes it better. In Burwood you can help the Shaper Infiltrators and then get the Rebel quests to kill them all. Picking a side only works against you.

This game still allows you to solve problems using leadership and then kill them for extra experience and loot. For instance Shaila's thahd in the Boiling Mudpit in the demo.

As Lilith points out playing both sides only makes it better. In Burwood you can help the Shaper Infiltrators and then get the Rebel quests to kill them all. Picking a side only works against you.

Are there any critical hindrances that going all-out canister junkie adds to this path? Any allies I wind up fighting?

Some don't matter like the Shaper Camp in the Demo since it has spawners to prevent you ever clearing the zone. Others like the Rebel Safehouse will make a difference, but I haven't tried it.

Nobody cares if you wipe out the rebel camps (safehouse, fens camp, derenton). Just remember to finish quests and buy everything you want before going on a rampage :) .