Mod/Cheat Help?[G5]

bcd051

I am a forum newbie and have tested out a variety of these trainers/editors/etc., but I have a very simple request (at least I believe so). A lot of the instructions on these are pretty vague, so I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to adjust my mechanics and leadership to start the game to levels which should last. I've played through the game on Normal, and would love to play on a harder difficulty without having to worry about mechanics/leadership.

If anyone has any help with this I would greatly appreciate it. If that doesn't work, is there anyway that I could change the skill points per level that I receive?

Thanks!

Quote:
I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to adjust my mechanics and leadership to start the game to levels which should last.

Easy. In fact I did the exact same thing, only I included Luck. Here's how:

1. In the Scripts folder, locate the script called z1Tminahdlg.txt, make a duplicate for safety, and open it up.

2. Locate this talknode (searching for the word "sign" will get you there pretty quickly):
Code:
begintalknode 27;	state = -1;	nextstate = -1;	condition = 1;	question = "special";	text1 = "The sign says:";	text2 = "  Temporary Creation Storage";	text3 = "  Do not leave creations here without clearance from Mind on duty.";

3. When you have found it, copy and paste these extra lines in at the end of the node:
Code:
	code = 		i = 20;		while (i <= 22) {			alter_stat(i,5);			i = i + 1;			}	break;

So now it will look like this:
Code:
begintalknode 27;	state = -1;	nextstate = -1;	condition = 1;	question = "special";	text1 = "The sign says:";	text2 = "  Temporary Creation Storage";	text3 = "  Do not leave creations here without clearance from Mind on duty.";	code = 		i = 20;		while (i <= 22) {			alter_stat(i,5);			i = i + 1;			}	break;

4. Save and exit. Now, every time you click that sign in Minallah, your Luck, Leadership and Mechanics will increase by 5 points. Unfortunately I couldn't find a suitable sign in the first zone, but you can get to this one pretty early.

And welcome to the boards!

Important Edit: It occurs to me that I don't remember if that variable was defined in the original script or if I added it. Before you exit, scroll to the top of the script where it says "variables;" and check to see if it says "short i;" underneath it. If not, add it so it looks like this:

Code:
begintalkscript;variables;short i;

Sorry, I hope I caught that in time. smile

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks!

The problem is the links that lead to the editor no longer work. The file itself is inaccessible. Rapidshare and all of the others report that the file was taken down.

I could always just try and reverse engineer editors from previous games, but I'm not sure if I really have the time to do that.