Any other casual type games like avadon?

Death Knight

I just beat avadon again this time for a shaman with the other 2 allies i havent used. Really just a great game. Im currently taking my time with avernum eftp but cant play it as tomorrow ill be on vacation and my computer at home is the only one that can play escape from the pit.

After giving up on geneforge 3 after i lost big time, I need another game i can play and have a somewhat casual experience with. I dont want to have to number crunch and be extremely crazy with stats. I just want a game i can enjoy the story.

The only game ive never played at all and didnt get stuck in, would be avernum 6. Ive read a few reviews after i got stuck in avernum 5 and the reviewers say jeff really fixed alot of the things and made the game much more user friendly. I tried avernum 5, but never can get past a quarter of the game.

Is avernum 6 more like avadon where it is more casual or should i just wait until avadon 2 for my mac?

Im just looking for a casual game to play a bit on the train ride tomorrow and possibly when i come back.

Avernum 6 is great until you get past the Eastern Gallery and encounter the Scourge Sliths. Sitting there battling sliths with high health usually discourages most players. However the first 2/3 of the game is fun and you start off in the Great Cave with lots to do and kill.