Avadon: The Black Fortress complaint list

JamesMighty

Hello. I joined about 5 minutes ago to complain about some things in Avadon: The Black Fortress and to give some ideas for Avadon 2. Hope this helps.

1. Not being able to go to all places in Lynaeus.

I was thoughourly dissapointed to not be able to go to all the places in Lyneaus. After about the fifth Main Quest I realized that I just keep getting sent in a circle from The Kva to Khemeria to Beraza Woods back to The Kva. I was really looking forward to battling the monsters of The Corruption with Wyldrym forces, or defending Dhrham from the Svorgald Raiders. Hope that will be available in Avadon 2

2. Not being able to make a difference in Lynaeus

(Until EndGame)

Think that one explains itself

3. Having all my allies run off

Hate having to chase down my allies all the time just for their own purposes. would be nice if I had some loyal allies.

4. Being able to be Keeper

I beat RedBeard, but then game ended. I really wanted to be Keeper myself and make the choices of Avadon, but then that might be hard to make in a game.

Thats my list of Avadon and I hope it helps in Avadon 2

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It won't help with your frustrations, but you won't mind them. smile

I agree with 1 and 2 and as a beta tester I kept expecting that we would see and do more. I couldn't believe the game ended so soon with all those dialog options implying more.

3. There was a reason you got those unreliable Hands as explained near the very end.

4. You get the chance to become Keeper as the game ends, but since Avadon 2 will have you start as a low life I doubt that will be the canonical ending.

From what Jeff has said about Avadon 2: The Corruption we will get to see more and finish as higher levels than 30.

1 and 2: Avadon is very linear and yes our choices don't matter much (until end) but that's common at rpgs.

3. there needs to be reason to open new areas and getting allies back is as good as any other (and is similar to other quests which open new areas).

4. player being keeper wouldn't be rpg anymore, it would become simulation or strategy game.

Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
4. Player being Keeper wouldn't be RPG anymore, it would become a simulation or a strategy game.

I meant still the regular RPG play except you could go hunt Heart Miranda down and stuff, not change the gameplay to strategy. I think being the Keeper would open up new possibilites to the gameplay itself and the storyline as well.

if we could hunt Miranda on 1st game (personally or as Keeper send Hands to catch them) then Jeff would need to figure more things to next game instead just mini-bosses since we ended many threats at Avadon 1 and some won't come back (no idea if we meet Miranda et co or is Zephyrine alive at Avadon 2, only Jeff knows and he won't tell, beta-testers will know soon but they won't tell either).