help in faerie bazaar

Are you entering it right? Go to the editor, and in the Advanced section choose the SDF or Stuff Done Flag option (I can't remember which it's called). In the first prompt enter the first number, in the second enter the second number, and in the third enter the third number. 12, 3, and 0 are all entered in separate prompts.

—Alorael, who learned from plenty of fairy tales that you don't make the faeries angry. That trumps loot and kill RPG logic.

You can trigger at least two, if not three alarmed boxes in and under the Bazaar before they jail you. You have to not trigger at least one of the four available or you are in trouble. There are two trapped boxes under Poot's shop, which you can get at without crossing the runes if you are clever, and two in the Bazaar Keeper's Mansion that maybe with enough Tool Use you would not set off. Don't get greedy by going for all four unless you are able to not set off at least one of them.

-S-

I just replayed it coming into the Bazaar for the first time as a Celt. I actually pilfered all four boxes, setting off all four alarms and got away with it. My reputation is very good at this point, enough to get the positive reward near Hollow Hills. As a Roman you might get far less leeway, and maybe as a Celt with less reputation. So, not sure, but I think I pilfered 3/4 of the boxes with a previous Celt party of four whose reputation was not quite as high at the time.

I did not know you could use a Guardian Spirit with those boxes, so that's cool to know. I am still wondering what keeps a Guardian Spirit with you after finishing a task. Faery Lore? Intelligence? Druidism?

-S-

Yes, I did that too, since you asked, but to trigger the go to jail dialog I have gotten, you only have to move around a bit inside the town once you leave a building after the fifth theft. After the four alarms set off, I went back and crossed the rune beneath Poot's shop and that was sufficient to get me jailed. As a Celt with a good reputation, if that contributes at all, I was let out after being in overnight. If Klesch is playing Romans, I expect the treatment might be different, but as Romans you should be able to have the Tool Use to disarm the alarms.

You seem to get four seen thefts in towns before you get in trouble. It's true in Nethergate Fort, Shadow Valley Fort, and Faery Bazaar. Where it might not hold up is for Celts vs. Romans in Faery Bazaar and Vanarium. I also haven't tested it in Goagh-Nar, Selkie Fen, Aethdoc, and some other such places.

-S-

Crossing the rune is what gets you thrown in jail in this case. I did that alone without opening any of the boxes and got incarcerated for it.

Also, there is a bug in the game still in which you can look at Poot's right box down by the runes and decide to "1. Leave," and it will open up anyway and let you take the Blessed Shield without even having "opened" the box. Surely someone else has noticed this. Jeff will probably have it fixed by the patch, so take advantage of this exploit while you can.

-S-

i crossed the runes and took shield and armor with my roman party. coming back the party was prisoned, but due to the intervention of the crones the party was set free again (some money was taken away by the fairie bazaar boss). then i went back, crossed the runes (i did not consider that the runes are there not just by chance...) but did not do anything else. but this was enough to take the party again into prison where it is starving to death.