EXP distribution

For some reason my 4th party member gets less xp than 3rd char on tougher fights (like against Giants near Bargha) but more xp on easy fights (like against Sliths south from Ft Dranlon), on 1st type of fights 3rd char gets 4 xp and 4th gets 1 xp and 2nd type of fights 3rd char gets 1 xp and 4th gets 2 or 3 xp.

Can't figure why since both have similar traits (3rd has Blessing 2 and 4th has Undeing Mana) and 4th is always 45-55 xp behind 3rd character.

"There is a random factor in assigning XP".

O_O?!

Edit:

This reminds me of whole save-just-before-leveling-up-hoping-to-roll-good-stat-increases bs in some games. How much randomization are we talking here, is it just for shared exp, does landing the killing blow count, etc?

Originally Posted By: MTrask
"There is a random factor in assigning XP".

O_O?!

Edit:
This reminds me of whole save-just-before-leveling-up-hoping-to-roll-good-stat-increases bs in some games. How much randomization are we talking here, is it just for shared exp, does landing the killing blow count, etc?

Landing the killing blow doesn't affect your XP gains. The variation is up to about 15% in either direction for any individual XP award, but it'll mostly even out in the long run. It's a weird design decision but not a big deal: it'll probably make a difference of less than a full level's worth of XP throughout the entire game.

Before today's 2nd trip to Final Gauntlet 4th was 100 exp behind 3rd and after FG it was back to 80ish and now 3rd char has more exp than 1st char (not much but still).

Yesterday each time party killed giant or ogre (random encounter) 3rd char got more exp than 4th but when party killed Sliths or caveworms or undeads (random encounters) 4th got more exp than 3rd everytime.

I don't have that much quests left (Iron Bars and kill emperor and never ending quests Works of Magery and Aranea Fangs).

• 2 months later...