Given the amount of text in the game, it'd be difficult to have it translated without paying quite a bit of money to professional translators. Community-based translation efforts that aren't overseen by professionals run the risk of being inaccurate or containing offensive content, as recently happened with Minecraft.

English is not my native language, and it's not my 2nd language either. So it was quite a challenge (or torment?) to play through A5 back in 2009. It was my first spiderweb game, received as a gift from my sister who always thought I really should not ignore the English language totally. Upon starting the game, I took it to be more of an irresistible punishment than a gift, because my English was far worse at that time, and I could not even comprehend any walkthrough or strategy available on the forums, not to mention the lots of text in the game. There were so many words and terms and sentence structures beyond my knowledge and they were preventing me from understanding what to do next. And even a dictionary at hand didn't help much. It was a miracle for me to finish A5 bit by bit.

Although there was a huge language barrier precluding my perception of the plot and game mechanisms, I DID enjoy the game immensely and was hooked by what few portions I grasped. After I finished it, I started it over immediately and the second playthrough was much easier than I expected. Since then I have played through G5, A6 and AEFTP entirely, and the demos of many other. With great difficulty of course.

It sure will make lives of non-English speakers easier if the games get translated. But I must admit it is not that vital. People (at least those like me) will still take a look at English-only games as long as their quality merits people's attention, and as long as the enjoyment defeats the struggles when they play them.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Community-based translation efforts that aren't overseen by professionals run the risk of being inaccurate or containing offensive content, as recently happened with Minecraft.

Well, at least the next updates might change more of the racial words.
--------------
My language is not my native language either, but, it is our second language long ago because the Americans bought our country for 20,000,000 $. Not teaching you our history but, still, you can use google translate.
--------------
Originally Posted By: Shama
I'm sure many people don't take a look at this game because it's English only.

Oh please, SpidWeb is not as famous as Mojang or Blizzard entertainment. Even Minecraft at beta 1.8.1 was English only but it was becoming popular still, they're also indie game makers...
--------------
-Language, Nightwatcher