Money?

The Reverend

I recently started Avadon, after having played all of Exile and Avernum games, and Geneforge 1-3 (I plan to give 4 and 5 a shot after I finish Avadon).

I was just wondering what the economic situation is like in Avadon? Are there a few expensive things that I need to be saving up for, like trainers, and not a lot of cash available for anything else? Or is there excess cash so I can feel free to spend money in shops for weapons/armor upgrades? And when buying lockpicks, how much is too much too pay? So far I've only been buying them from shops that sell them at "slightly expensive" or lower.

There are expensive charms you can buy to give you constant passive bonuses, and training you can buy to give a similar effect, but their effects aren't enormous and money isn't incredibly tight: if you see a really good equipment upgrade, you can afford to splurge for it, and the top-tier runestones may be worth buying as well. In any case, buy lockpicks wherever you see them, if you can afford to: the number of them in the game is sharply limited.