Message to Jeff-An Idea for Prequel Avernum

Death Knight

I know this is probably a lame idea but i know that if jeff did avernum-prequel 1st expedition, he wouldnt be sure how he would do it whether it be like Avernum 1st trilogy or more like the 2nd trilogy.

I had an idea that i thought would be a cool idea and interesting and unique way if jeff ever thought of ending the great series. Im likely not going to please everyone with it though.

I always thought after getting through certain events in the avernum series, that the 1st expedition characters were very unique and distinctive characters. What if instead of creating a party for this, he allows more of a avadon flavor to the mix and lets you create a character and then join up with 3 other characters like avadon that all have personalities, advantages, etc.

It might be branching out too far, but i thought that with the posthumous characters and everything that they did, it would be a cool affect to end a great series. And seeing that the other games spoke for themselves, this game would as well, like nethergate did in a way.

Also, Jeff's not really big on taking suggestions. The legal stuff aside, he seems pretty happy writing his own stuff without players telling him what they want from his stories.

By all means email him, and we can all speculate here til the cave cows come home, but it won't make your idea for Spiderweb's next game more likely to become reality.