Character advice for geneforge

Hi. I havent played many of these games but I came across geneforge 4 as a present for my birthday from a good friend.

I started the game up as a shocktrooper and would just like some general advice for skills as I am new to mr. vogels games.

I am making a melee fighter out of this character and want to know what is more important, endurance or parry for defense. I have pumped strength up to 7 and just want some basic advice.

If you are a shock trooper, you should be pumping intelligence and shaping skills (Either fire shaping or magic shaping early on. Battle shaping just sucks in every game before G5. Fire shaping lets you get cryoas, which are awesome but then later creations aren't all that great, so you'll have to pump magic shaping later for wingbolts and such. Magic shaping is decent early on with artilas and then vlish, but doesn't get exciting until you get wingbolts.) Improving strength and endurance is fine, but a shock trooper is a creation creator first and a fighter second. Think of her as a battlefield captain, who leads first and foremost and fights to support her troops when needed.

Dikiyoba likes the shock trooper class. It's not as powerful as a lifecrafter or as tough as servile, but it's a lot of fun when you have a decent build.

Drakons (and Ur-Drakons) aren't awesome? Blasphemy tongue

I do have to agree with Dikiyoba on the summary of a shocktrooper. However, if you want a fighter who can also make creations, I suggest a Warrior-you lack good magic skills without wasting SP, but the tradeoff is excellent skills with swords and ranged weapons, and decent Shaping skills. Enough to get the fabled Ur-Drakon if you don't mind using a few canisters wink

Ur-Drakons in Geneforge 4 are awesome, while drakons are not. The latter lacks magic resistance which proved to be vital in later game.

If GoodOld Jack wants to play a melee fighter, the best choice is servile, which rocks in GF4. As for the question endurance and parry which is more important, you need to invest quite a lot in both skills.

• 3 weeks later...