A:EftP - Finished the game question about others

I just finished all 3 major quests in Avernum and have a few questions about the next games in the series.

I know this is a semi overhauled remake of the first installment. Do the others look really bad and suffer from ui and other mechanic issues?

Do they have the same difficulty modes which in my opinion seem over the top extreme from normal to hard mode and somewhat as far as I can tell insanely difficult on torment?

I am eager to experience more of the story of Avernum and am curious just what to expect from the next games since they were not remade.

Also I am hoping the UI gets better as I was battling it at times even in this remake.

The older versions don't have things that have been added over the years. They aren't bad, but different and the remakes add new content. The user interface isn't bad, but some newer computers have compatibility problems.

No junk bag so you may make several trips to clear all that loot out of the dungeons especially since you have fewer items slots and encumbrance applies to everything you are carrying in your pack.

Battle disciplines were added in Avernum 5.

Spells are different from game to game.

Before Avernum 5 you could summons more monsters to help you. Some monsters summoned lots of friends too. smile

Difficulty levels just apply a multiplier to monsters while the remake gives bosses more abilities.