Item Storage

• 10 years later...
On 4/23/2012 at 10:29 PM, Lilith said:

Yup.

Well, I probably wouldn't try storing stuff in Fort Remote if I were you. But apart from that, anywhere's fine.

This isn't true. I tried storing items in the boxes under Silvar and everything disappeared. Only safe place to store things is in your inventory / junk bag (just be careful not to "sell all")

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2023 at 11:21 AM, Garlic and Sumac Dusted Fava Beans said:

This isn't true. I tried storing items in the boxes under Silvar and everything disappeared. Only safe place to store things is in your inventory / junk bag (just be careful not to "sell all")

Did you have the infamous "container bug" happen to you?  Check other containers that you haven't looted at all; if you have any areas you haven't visited yet, those should be full of containers with items (pretty much no matter where you go, there's treasure chests and such).  If everything's empty in an area you're visiting for the first time...well, you had that bug happen.  Sadly, the only remedy would be to load a backup save from a point where you know it hasn't happened yet.  Odds are, it won't happen again, since it seems to be extremely rare, but since no one knows what exactly causes it, it's harder to fix than you'd hope.  And if you don't have a good backup save, well...sorry, you might have to restart the game entirely.  But at least you know what happened to the stuff you tried storing in the Silvar sewers, I guess?