Is Avadon a part of a Series?

nearart

It is possible to defeat Redbeard, though it may not be possible for you depending on your character selection and choices you made surrounding your companions.

There is a planned sequel (at least one, apparently). I'm reasonably certain you will not start with the same character you finished the first game with, however. You will start again at level 1 with a new character in a new situation.

yea we can expect at least 1 sequel maybe 2 but Avadon 2 won't be out until near xmas for mac and april/may 2013 for pc and ipad and then others (android and linux) and then its time for A2 remake (xmas 2013 for mac and early 2014 for others), all that is assumption about previous release dates and rumors.

A3 (most likely) gets remake too and also Geneforges (1-3) are supposed to get remade.

Originally Posted By: nearart
I played Avadon: The Black Forest to the end, but I couldn't defeat the king, (he was incredibly more powerful than me) and I could not go anywhere else or do anything else. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

Is there supposed to be a sequel?
I know this really isn't your question, but for future playthroughs, it would be wise to save up your resources for that fight. Ergo, skipping certain fights such as the Castle commander in Kellem (can't remember the names). If you spend your resources on those fights, ones that would ideally make you seem like a loyal hand, and then fighting Redbeard, the battle will be much harder to do.