Help for a newbie, please

txmimi

I am a rookie at playing this type of rpg, having previously played the top-down type. I have some very basic questions, and I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I'm in the midst of the first quest to clear the dungeons. How do I use items that are in my pack? How do I regain health? Who or what is an NPC? I know I'll have more dumb questions, but I'm not proud! I'll ask! Thanks!!

Use "i" for inventory to call up the inventory page that shows the items equipped on the character and the backpack. Items that can be used have a sun or star symbol that can be clicked to use them.

Health returns gradually as time passes. So standing in a place and using the space bar or moving through a safe area will bring back health. If you need to restore health faster then eating food, using a healing potion, certain abilities that heal or regenerate, and a few scarabs that heal will do it especially in combat.

An NPC is any character other than the player's character.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Your confusion is just starting. smile

You use a little vitality with using abilities. There are three bars for each character: health, spell energy, and vitality. When vitality reaches zero you can't use active abilities from the ability tree, but passive abilities like your primary weapon and lock picking will still work.