A5-the dead guy smuggling trick

Geezer

Have just passed the tests in the Fang Clan trial and would like to bring back the sword the bow and the leggins to the surface. I came across Bryce's ref to the suject "trick"at the end of page one in that large post. There it made ref to the Fang Clan's relics, but it was years since I played A5 and cannot remember how that went! Anyone care to refresh my memory? Thanks...

What you needed to do was have the items on a character that dies in the testing area. The items remain in inventory of that character when you leave and as long as you don't have those items with you when you return to the Fang Clan area or an adjacent zone than the game won't take them back.

The game loads map information and scripts for the 8 zones surrounding the one you are in so there isn't as much hesitation when you cross a boundary. So the river areas east of the Fang Clan testing area also will trigger the removal of the items if you have them on a live character and enter those zones.

You have to use the portal pylons to move past that area when you have the items on a live character.

Using the game map, the zone that has the Fang Clan testing area is the first column on the left, second zone from the top. You need to avoid the zone below it and the top three in the second column that includes Shankar's Tower.

Harkin's Landing should be safe.

This is the original topic that first discussed how to get the ceremonial items.

Using the game map that you provided, Harkin's Landing should indeed be safe being 7 zones to the right, but it wasn't! I got there empty handed...What am I doing wrong? I go through the tests with an eye to collecting the three articles and once I've got them, head back to the one below the very first test. It's the one with the land mines on the way to the centre, gets me every time!

Now, when I get there I'm wearing all 3 articles and through the tests I've made use of the cheats "ouchouchouch" and "leetbuffz' to be able to survive that far. Comments?

Originally Posted By: Geezer
Using the game map that you provided, Harkin's Landing should indeed be safe being 7 zones to the right, but it wasn't! I got there empty handed...What am I doing wrong? I go through the tests with an eye to collecting the three articles and once I've got them, head back to the one below the very first test. It's the one with the land mines on the way to the centre, gets me every time!
Now, when I get there I'm wearing all 3 articles and through the tests I've made use of the cheats "ouchouchouch" and "leetbuffz' to be able to survive that far. Comments?

Wait, What? No.

The carrying character must be dead before you cross the glowing runes at the end of the test, and keep him dead until you leave the cats and the 8 zones around them.

p.s. Randomizer, didn't jeff add something in the last updates to take the items away whenever they are dropped or unequipped (without relation to where you are)?

Erasmus, sorry if I wasn't clear but the land mines in the second test do make me dead (while having all 3 artifacts equipped) and then I return from the dead at the the village of Harkin's Landing, 7 zones away (to the East) from your "cats", thus fullfilling all stipulations laid down so far.

Unless I hear further I believe your closing statement about Jeff is correct and will try "backtostart" just for the heck of it.

Originally Posted By: Geezer
Unless I hear further I believe your closing statement about Jeff is correct and will try "returntostart" just for the heck of it.

Yeah, if that is true then the only way to prevent them from being taken away is messing with the scripts and as you don't want to do that, you'll just have to game on without them. (no sarcasm or snideness meant)
Don't be disheartened the game is still good even without them. You still have the pit of abominations and the lair of bel-shamaroth to go through smile
(or is it the other way around? or are they both pits?)