sneaking / stealth[G5]

Hi everyone,

So, I am bad at quests that involve sneaking/stealth. Mostly, I've got killing down, mechanics, and leadership.

It says in the walkthrough to get my first glimpse of Gorash-Kel and to get onto the Shadow Road I need to sneak by guards, and these are sort of the two main quest lines. So far, I haven't been successful at not getting killed either way.

Can anyone help me learn to sneak?

Some of it comes down to pure luck (or brute force: sneak, fail, reload until you know everything's path), since you can't know beforehand where some enemies will be. Save often, and use multiple save files: you really don't want to be unable to load far enough back to avoid getting caught.

If you're willing to cheat, 'showmeall' will display dots for all units on your minimap, whether they're in your visual range or not. It makes sneaking much easier.

For Gorash-Kel, park your creations somewhere safe, deactivate them, and go into combat mode. As long as no-one can see you at the end of your turn, you should be safe.

For the shadow road quest, you will need to bring your pets along, unfortunately, but you can do it one at a time.

It takes some practice to time the Unbound patrol routes. Pick a spot and in combat mode move out to see if the Unbound is there and then retreat. It gets harder inside the walls of Gorash-Kel, but there are a few safe spots to hide where you can save like in the northeast where the body lies and the southeast usually has fewer patrols. Coming in from the Shadow Road there are spots in the west.

I'm currently using disposable corruptible thads, so bringing my pets anywhere actually isn't necessary; the experiment with them made such a difference in my ability to tackle the Kratoa-Kel Stoneworks and Western Okavano that I've been continuing to use them. 7 meatshields allows me to surround enemies, which is nice.

Or you could bring up the map, type "showmeall" And study the patrol patterns, and when they are far away, you move to make a break for it.

Usually I take a couple of drakons or my new eyebeast and my charming Falchion to kill the hell out of them. If its to hard to sneak then come back later and use raw power

So, I've skipped the sneaking stuff which means just not doing the shadow road and Gorash-Kel for now until I have enough power to crush them easily, which is fine. But now I'm at Gazhaki-Uss and it looks like I can't get in to see Ghaldring the 2nd time without sneaking.

I tried to get through the power core, just taking the PC, and actually liberally used cheat codes "healmenow" "shieldsup" to deal with it - one of the blasts does more damage than I have health or close to it (currently that's about 325) even running with essence infusion, extra physical armor, shieldsup, everything i can think of on.

Anyone, ideas? Can I really get around this without sneaking? Is there something I'm missing? do I just have to wait? are there other areas I can do?

Suuure. Anywho, if you get a chance, sneak around anyway. If you can get past the guards behind ghaldring or if you join his faction and have lots of control tools, you can get some nice canisters. Say Purifying rain, which does 100-200 points of fire damage to a character and everyone within eight steps of them, or create wartrall, complete with a years supply of rocks!

You can even find Create Drakon.

That reminds me, what ever happened to drakons wings?