Geneforge 2 - speed

ToddMcF2002

Hi. I've got (2) levels of Speed and (3) levels of Blessing Magic, and yet Speed is still greyed out. What is the binding requirement? I'm guessing its is Blessing Magic, but I can't confirm that anywhere. I'm sure this has been asked before the search function on this site... well I can't get any hits. Thanks for any help.

Do you have enough spell energy / essence? It needs 100 energy and 12 essence to cast. You surely have the essence, but you might not have built up enough spell energy yet. That's my best guess. When you bring up the blessing magic window, put your cursor over the spell and see if any text appears that might give a clue.

I hope that helps!

Spell points = spell energy.

Quote:

We will see how it works out but I've been boosting my Guardian's intelligence so he can do Fire shaping and get Speed and War Blessing. That's how I played G4 with a Warrior so it should work.

Hope you don't mind that I cross-answer this here, think it fits better in this thread.

I don't think that it will work particularly well. You need more energy to cast speed, get less base and only half per level compared to your GF4 warrior.

Your GF4 Warrior gets 20 + Int*(Level+1) in spell energy and needs 80 to cast speed.

Meanwhile the G2 Guardian gets 6 + 1/2*Int*(Level+1) and needs 100 to cast speed.

Then it sounds like I'll be on a path to true pain and suffering! I haven't had a chance to progress the game in the last few days but lets keep this thread alive and I'll update with my progress (or lack of...).

One reason I'm hopeful is because everything is a one hit wonder at this point. I'm solo at level 15. Perhaps there are brick walls ahead of me... we will see!