After A1 Remake, Geneforge 1-3 Remake

Death Knight

Im on to g4 right now. Unfortunately i never finished g2 with my guardian and g3 had problems with my os. So far the only geneforge that ive been able to beat was the 1st.

Does anyone think that jeff will ever do a remake for the first 3 g-series if he has success with avernum rewrites? I think it would work really well as there are a lot of things he could improve.

It's going to reach a point where he'll just be rewriting his older games. Eventually he's either going to have to find a way to make remakes profitable (I can't see just remaking games as being self-sufficient in the long run), or let some games go.

Who knows, maybe he'll open-source the games he lets "out to pasture".

Which is, I'll say, something of a shame. I like both the Avernum and Geneforge series, but I prefer the latter in terms of story. On the other hand, I've been spoiled by the later Geneforges and Avernums (Averna?), and find the interface from the first couple Geneforges really cumbersome. I'm looking forward to A:EftP, but I would be more enthusiastic about a G1 remake with modernized graphics and gameplay.

Originally Posted By: Necris Omega
Geneforge? Doesn't even seem to be on the radar as of yet.

Jeff has indicated that he will redo the Geneforge games, sometime in The Future.

Hopefully his remakes will be as quick as they were for Nethergate: Resurrection. That would make things better for everyone.