Jenell battle weaponry

Superba

Jenell is now level 29 and I have a doubt about what would it be the best attack weapons combination.

She's now wearing the Sun's Rod, enhanced +1 Intelligence and the Rune-Etched Buckler, enhanced +1 Dexterity.

She recently found the Shaman Stave, that is powerful but is a one hand weapon (and not yet enhanced).

What is better then, Rod+shield or the Shaman stave?

Thanks!

Sorry I wrote wrong while I thought right :-)

Shaman Stave is a two hand weapon, as you however caught in your reply. She stays back for present quest (but usually I put Nathalie in the Party), because Blademaster and Shima got higher Dex; at the same time her long range powers are quite useful and Shaman Stave is truly an addition for those powers.

Anyway, I wonder which is the best choice to make the higher damage: shield protection is OK but she could survive without; what I think a spell could miss is in terms of enhancements dropping the two items (Dex and Int), and the other features related to Sun's Rod and the Buckler. It is difficult to me to make a comparison.

The Sun's Rod is a fantastic item, but if you use Nathalie at all she'll probably get more use out of it than Jenell does. On the other hand, I still prefer to have Jenell use a rod so that she can equip a shield: the difference between a rod and a staff in terms of damage output isn't very large.