Snapfang

Haddock

HI all,

I don't know if I'm being dense but I cannot find any trapdoors in Dhorl Stead apart from the one in the bottom right corner which has some rats in it and some locked doors which I'm presuming are accessible from somewhere else.

I've searched the map and cannot find any other entrance.

I did the same on the Dhorl Woods map and have found a trapdoor (also bottom right corner) guarded by 3 widowspawns - which I'm assuming is where the Widow of Bones lives. I've not managed to kill them yet so thats up in the air still.

Can someone explain where this $&%$ trapdoor is? Also, is the hint book worth the $10? I'm quite happy to give Spiderweb some more money, but the few hint books i've looked at in the past are very rarely worth the bother.

cheers

The Hint Book has maps so it's worth it for that especially for locating possible secret switch rooms. Most of the other information can be obtained here.

If you talk to Runner Faiga, there is a dialog option telling you to go east over the bridge past some spiders to a trapdoor farther east along the river. This is a tough fight.

The widowspawn spiders require some endurance to survive. 10-15 seems a good level so you won't take lots of damage. The three guarding that trapdoor are the worst. If you can take them out, then the rest are easier.

I agree with Randomizer that spiders guarding trapdooor are tougher than spiders in "cave", those 3 killed my team (2 sorcs and 1 blademaster) many times until I got bit lucky (after I had completed Beast and Troll quests) and managed to kill those 3, worst on that battle was that spiders had more 2 attacks per turn than my party (hasted via bm's ability) and they moved very far and due that their "spells" reached my team with ease.

Thanks all for the suggestions, I needed to talk to Faira (sp?) again and she told me to go east.I'm pretty sure I'd already looked there but the bridge wasn't intact until she told me. But it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Managed the spiders second time round, thanks a lot to the shaman's hellhound and much higher end than I had first time round.