Some things that confuse me...

Tcheedchee

1. confusing quest:

concerns "Deal with Tartam"

That Abi-guy in Avadon wants him dealt with. I've found a deal with Tartam.

Click to reveal..
Tartam left for new quests as an Avadon spy and also with the remark, he would have to deal with Abi (or something like this – it's been a while ago.)
Since then Tartam can't be found anymore, nor can I find Abi in Avadon, but the quest remains in my journal. What's missing?

2. With regard to the confusing not-yet-outcome of the Tartam-quest, I wonder if I will get a similar problem with the Orian-quests. I did the first quest "Observe…" and now I was given the second one: "Hunt…". Can I wait till I will have managed to get new areas on the world map opened, before I will have to bother again?

Avadon really seems huge to me at the moment.

3. With regard to the two quests above and another quest, which I have definitely found too late for collecting XP, I wonder if I'm just too stupid for dealing with Zephira or if my estimation, that it'll be a quest for much later in the game, is right. On my first two approaches she just made minced meat out of my party whenever I asked her the question on

Click to reveal..
Zethrons behalf
. I didn't have the wee-est bitty of a chance.

1. Are you sure Tartam is actually gone? He's not supposed to leave until after you report to him that

Click to reveal..
Neray is dead
--which is a quest he will give you if you ask him what he's doing out there (after he reveals his identity). Fulfilling that quest will also satisfy Abi, who wanders around the garden where you first meet Jenell. I understand that you can miss out on this quest line if you don't get the quest before going to the Wretch Warrens, though. I haven't heard that Tartam or Abi actually disappears, but I guess it's possible.

2. Yes, you will get a chance to hunt Orian later, in another area.

3. Don't feel bad. Zephyrine is shockingly tough at the level you're likely to be when you meet her. Nothing wrong with coming back later.

Actually, I believe Tartam yells at you and redirects you to deal with the real threat, which is another quest. Check your journal.

Yes, hunting Orian happens later.

Zhethron's quest requires you to fight Zephyrine, but not to the death. You just need to be able to go toe-to-toe with her for a while, and it will be late in the game before you can pull that off. There is a later quest to kill Zephyrine, but it's one of the hardest in the game and is strictly optional.

—Alorael, who doesn't actually remember the name of the new target Tartam gives you. He does remember that Abi wanders a bit in Avadon, but he's usually in the garden in the north where you can find Jenell.

Tartam wanders around his house so he might be in the kitchen, but I've never seen him gone for too long.

For the Zephyrine quest where Zhethron wants to know her intentions.

Click to reveal..
Since you only need to survive a few round, send summoned pets in towards her and let them take damage to get through a few rounds.

Originally Posted By: The Turtle Moves
1. Are you sure Tartam is actually gone? … Fulfilling that quest will also satisfy Abi, who wanders around the garden where you first meet Jenell. I understand that you can miss out on this quest line if you don't get the quest before going to the Wretch Warrens, though.…
Well, I got a bit confused about this one. Tartam is still there, preparing to leave, as I
Click to reveal..
have already killed Neray.
Maybe he really was in the kitchen the first time I looked. That would just be like in real life. grin
It's quite possible that I missed Abi in the gardens as well. I remember looking for him in the "cafeteria", where you can meet Shima, but maybe I gave up or got distracted, before I looked in the gardens. There are so many options to play, I sometimes get a bit lost, actually.

Thanks for all the other hints. I'll just try to get some more XP before getting into trouble with Zephyrine then. At the moment I'd still have to gather some summon aid wands first.

Yeah, for the Zephyrine test, I did it as soon as I got it. I sent in my Shaman's pet and ran her and Nathalie away. I mostly got lucky. The dragon killed everyone but (I think) my Shaman in about 3 rounds, and then she suddenly stopped attacking and said "good job, yadda yadda," and the quest was complete. You might have to reload a few times and try some different positioning tricks to "win".

Also yes, the Tartum quest is confusing as heck. You'll keep that quest in your log until you can ALSO complete the quest that Tartum himself gives you (which is a fair bit later in the game), at which point you can turn both of them in (one to Tartum, the other to Abi).

Can someone please explain the point of putting more points into utility skills for shadowwalker? I want to focus on the utility skills (right column) and minor in the passive skills in the middle. What i want to know is what difference is it to keep sinking points in the utility skills? The passives seem to get better but it doesnt show an actual benefit to putting lots of points in the utility skills. I like shadow step in particular. If anyone knows, id be glad to find out.

Personally I was supremely unimpressed with both the Decoy spell (the "upgrade" to Shadowstep) and Flash Powder. Getting the Shadowwalker's Focus and upgraded Blade Shield isn't too bad, IMHO.

I dunno, with the Shadowwalker, it seems like your best bet is to pump the middle tree to all 8s and then try to get Focus/Blade Shield and then... uh... whatever.

The left tree is mostly a waste, Shattering Strike is only good when a Knockback comes in handy, since the damage is only marginally better than Disarming Blow. And having to waste points in a "better Razor Disk passive"? Ick.

I dunno, I'm sure people will disagree with me but I say get 8 in Disarming, 8 in self-heal, 8 in the entire middle tree, try to get the upgrade to Shadowwalkers Focus, and then Disarm Trap if you have points to spare.

The advantage to 8 in Razordisk is a significant upgrade in damage with a high dexterity build. You can with maximizing the middle column get around 200 damage per attack.

The only advantage to Decoy is drawing off attacks especially Charm and being able to attack a clump of foes.

You see I wanted to make a trickster build that draws the enemies to me, stuns them, then hops to the mages and hack away while my party destroy the stunned guys. Unfortunately it doesnt state what the benefit is to keep on adding to that, so im going to guess that after you get 7 points in any of the utility for shadowwalker, any further points are pointless. Its too bad, cause i dont really want to use ninja stars. Just wanted to use passives, shadowstep and utilities.

Maybe, with more points you get less fatigue cost to use the ability. I dont know.

Originally Posted By: Marak
I dunno, I'm sure people will disagree with me but I say get 8 in Disarming, 8 in self-heal, 8 in the entire middle tree, try to get the upgrade to Shadowwalkers Focus, and then Disarm Trap if you have points to spare.
Disarming Blow doesn't go to 8, only to 4. All the isolated skills are like that.

Adding extra points to activated ability skills is almost completely useless since all you get is +1 level of damage for that skill alone. Since you can only use the skills every so often and +1 level of damage amounts to 2-3 damage (before % increases) depending on the skill — and since all abilities get this same bonus for every level up you get, AND for every point in the associated primary statistic — this is not much of a bonus at all!

Shadowwalkers have a great middle tree, and missile attacks are the way to go for them (and for Blademasters) due to the dodging bonus you get from Dex. So I say, 8 in the middle tree and in the melee and missile abilities, and beyond that, just grab other abilities at level 1.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Fatigue cost is constant except for Sorceress.
Not exactly. Fatigue cost is constant for all classes, unless (1) you wear a fatigue-reducing item, or (2) you invest heavily in the Magic Mastery passive skill for Sorceresses.