Help with stats (what to level?)

Angelo85

Hey there!

I am beginning my journey in Avadon (or rather I am at the end of the demo and waiting for the key) and was wondering what stats I should level up.

As you only get 1 point per level up I have a hard time deciding what to level how often.

Right now I put all points for melee chars into Strength, except 1 for Endurance.

For the magic user I put all points into Intelligence.

Are the melee fighters (Shadowwalker and Blademaster both) in need of any points in Dexterity? Most of the time they are in melee but they tend to get some shots of with their respective ranged weapon before the melee begins. And how often do you recommend to level up Endurance?

As for the magic user (Sorceress in my case): only Intelligence or also a couple points in Endurance / any other stat?

Thanks for your tips in advance and have a nice day smile

It's only few weeks that I play the game so my experience is far to be complete, but I think I learned this: Shima needs a good balance of Dexterity and Strenght, Sevilin mainly needs Strenght, Intelligence for both Nathalie and Jenell, but the ladies also like Endurance (the first) and Dexterity (the second one). The right mix improves the hitsand it is different for each character. This mean that it is not a good idea to put all of the points in one skill, e.g. an extra strong Shima is less powerful and effective than a strong Shima with much Dexterity.

It depends upon the primary attack of the characters. Melee needs strength for damage and to carry heavier armor without encumberance. Range attacks for fighter types needs dexterity to increase damage and to avoid getting hit by some attacks.

For defense from damage you need both dexterity and endurance. However dexterity is more important and having it over 35 by the end of the game makes a big difference.

For spell casting characters you need intelligence to casts lots of spells using you abilities to increase vitality.

However you can easily increase damage by raising the damage type abilities to 8. Then you can concentrate on increasing stats for defense.

Don't worry too much since you can retrain your characters if you don't like the way you assigned points.

Very basically, you can do quite well by giving melee characters only Strength, ranged characters only Dexterity, and casters only Intelligence. In general, having more dexterity and relying more on ranged attacks works well, but I played almost the entire game with Strength-only characters and Intelligence-only characters and I had no problems.

Basically, put points in Endurance only if your characters are dying all the time from lack of health. It shouldn't take much. Dexterity is never a bad idea, but if you mostly beat enemies to death you can prioritize Strength. Casters tend to do well enough with Intelligence only if you raise their passive skills.

—Alorael, who also didn't play on Torment. For that you might need better optimization.

Originally Posted By: Superba
It's only few weeks that I play the game so my experience is far to be complete, but I think I learned this: Shima needs a good balance of Dexterity and Strenght, Sevilin mainly needs Strenght

I'll add that a backstabbing Shadowwalker is great for inflicting damage, but it's only really effective if your Blademaster acts before him to move adjacent to an enemy and set up the backstab. Which means that the Blademaster needs to match the Shadowwalker in dexterity. Which, as others have noted, isn't a bad idea, anyway.