Registration...

CKB

I was wondering if we registered Avernum 2, could we get a free registration key for Exile 2? They are the same game right, just updated graphics?

My point being, I absolutely LOVE the wall spells, yet Avernum doesn't have'em, why? Anyway, reply ASAP please.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally written by The Mystic:
Quote:
Originally written by CKB:
They are the same game right, just updated graphics?
Actually, they're a lot more than that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Jeff said somewhere that A1-A3 are ground-up rewrites of E1-E3.
The code might be fully rewritten, but the story is the same. As are the maps, most items, basic function of skills, etc.

The main differences are in the engine: different graphics and conversation system, more advanced skill system, more basic spell system, etc.

Until A4 there weren't any great area effect spells in Avernum. I still think the cloud of blades spell isn't that great and you have to target it on something. Exile allowed for area effect spells to go after invisible creatures by just targeting a spot.

There are some extra places in Avernum games that aren't in the Exile series.

I find Cloud of Blades to be rather useful against rakshasi, which are resistant to a lot of damage types. And I agree, I like the fact that the Exile games allowed you to target empty spaces and not just monsters. Maybe the next Avernum game will bring this back.

I also noticed a few things here and there in the Avernum games that aren't in the Exile games. They add some more fun to the game, not to mention a few more things you can potentially kill.