A6 - Serious flaw

Wyndynights

Ok, I have the demo...waiting til next payday to purchase...just running along, killing things, looting, etc.

I killed this ruby ghost in one of the crypts in the Memorial area...then preceeded to the Castle where I check the board once more, and find a new note there to kill the wight. Went back to the Mem area, talked to the guard, and discovered I already killed it. Went back to get my reward, and nothing. Doesn't even register that I killed it. So, now I got this quest that will rot in my quest list and no way to fulfill it.

It happened with another quest also, I just happened to kill the offending bad guy, only to find out later there is a job board notice for it, and it won't register.

This is a serious flaw in game. You can't run to every town first to check job boards before doing anything. Never had this prob with 1-5. What gives?

There are two quests in the Memorial Grounds. The first is to kill robbers in a crypt on the east side. The second is the crypt wight in a crypt on the southwest side in an area that doesn't open until you get the quest.

The ruby skeletons in the northwest crypt are not the undead that you are looking for the Castle quest.

Avernum 6 is much better about giving you credit for quest that you have done before you knew about them.

Ok, I can get that. But what about the other one? It was the Radient Ghosts quest from Patricks Tower. I had done the mushroom quest there, and while I was down there doing that I fulfilled the "kill all the bugs" quest as well. While I was snooping around down there killing things, I came across the room with these two sparkly ghosts, and killed them. THEN when I got back to the tower, I saw the notice on the board, again I got it, and went to get my reward. It did not register. I was stuck with that on my quest log and no way to fulfill it.

So, were those two ghosts that sparkled the Radient Ones and I got glitched, or are there two others somewhere nearby that is the actual quest?

See that's why I thought it was a serious flaw, cause it had appeared to happen again with the wight.

So, if I kill something, then find it as a quest later, am I gonna get stuck with it and no way to fulfill, or will I be able to just go and get the reward anyway, like the previous Avernums were.

There are two places with Radiant Ghosts underground, one on either side of the Portal Keep. The west one has some shades with it and the east one summons shades (one is green and the other is red). There are also some other undead down there guarding a spellbook.

You should be able to get a reward later even if you kill it first. The only ones that will cause problems are bounty quests where you need to kill a certain numbers of them because you will have to wait for them to slowly, slowly repopulated to kill enough.