Stealth = Affect mines?[G5]

Waladil

So I heard a few people on this forum saying that stealth does not affect mine detection radii. But it seems to me that it does, based on this image:

Click to reveal.. (image)
Geneforgeminefail.png

I managed to pull that off with 5 stealth bonus (3x infiltrator items, Mercuric Boots) and when I tried with just 2 stealth I failed consistently. (However, I should note that it took me about 2-3 tries to get in with 5 stealth [that's 2-3 times per attempt at entry; I entered at least twice, each time with one or two failures first], but I tried more than 6 times with 2 to no success.) So it seems clear to me that stealth does affect mines.

Has there been any other confirmation (I'd accept testimony from Jeff, of course!)?

I managed to do that with no stealth once, but I think it was just a glitch. Of course, I was bored and was just blowing myself up repeatedly when that happened. Took around...maybe 100 reloads? I stopped counting after the tenth reload. This is why you shouldnt take a sleeping pill for your insomnia and then try to play any game. Pill was kicking in so I saved, while on the other side of the mines. Other than autosave, it was the only save I had at the time.

<3 Autosave.

I looked at the code for mine triggers, and (I don't know how much code-conversation is allowed on these forums) but in some places it called a "distance_to_pc" function that I assume is pure distance and neglects stealth. However, in an if-function that controlled whether or not it blew up, there was a "can_detect_pc" function called (which I assume does include stealth)

So... yeah.

• 2 months later...