Quick question about skill trainers.

Silterethene

Hi there, I've been reading the boards, readying myself for AV5.

Will skill trainers train me regardless of my current level in that skill, or is there a cutoff/maximum level to which they will train me? Should I be holding off on certain skills until later, when I can purchase them without sacrificing skill points?

(As in AV1, waiting until reaching Fort Draco, and then buying 5 levels of cave lore from Carlos for everyone.)

Cheers.

They will train you up to level 3. They will not train you beyond level 3. One of the skills I do hold off on is...

Click to reveal..
Nature Lore. It has you miss getting some things early and you must fight anything within a mile, but it saves skill points to buy.

There are others that you can hold off on, this is just one I hold from until I get to that trainer. I don't want to say too much and be a spoiler, so I'm ending my post here.

There are certain skills like nature lore, arcane lore, and spellcraft that are usually available from a trainer early in the game. Those you can hold off on spending skill points.

Combat skills for fighters, mage and priest spells are things to spend skill points on when you need them.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm assuming I can return to levels in order to uncover caches and reread spell books.

On a related note, I understand that certain quest rewards/reading books involve the boosting of one stat or another. Is there a maximum level to any stat, after which I won't receive the bonus?

I vaguely recall in AV3, in the Tower of the Magi, it was possible to gain a free point to INT, provided that your current level was no higher than 9.

Again, cheers.

all skills cap at 40 (unless augmented by equipment), and if I remember properly levels cap at 80-81, but effectively you won't get more than ~60.

If you have a lot of patience there's a spot where using load-save technique you can maybe (if there isn't a level adjustment to that spot) hit level 80.

The level cap is 60 or 61 (I forget which) and the max level you are likely to reach during play is much lower -- in the 30-40 range.

Edit: There are level adjustments to practically all XP awards in the game, and I am fairly sure none of the non-adjusted ones are repeatable.