Stronger Blows vs Drips Acid[G5]

I don't fully understand why everyone says drips acid is the best weapon enchantment...

Almost every fight, I open up with the acid spray regardless of whatever class I happen to be. Since Acid doesn't stack with more acid, wouldn't it be better to use a golden crystal on your weapons, if you open with acid spray?

If you are going with Daze/Strong Daze as your primary method of crowd control, soaking every enemy in acid is not effective because it breaks the daze/strong daze at the beginning of each round. If you just have an acid coated weapon you get the acid effect on one target, which would be undazed anyway by your blows.

If you don't daze I don't know enough of the numbers to know how much damage stronger blows adds per hit. However, golden crystals add a decent resistance bonus to armor, which adds up to good resistances when multiple golden crystals are used on armor.

As a warning I am not a torment level players so my word should not be the final word. Hope this helped.

I prefer just to wade in, acid, and start charming/terrorizing. The golden crystal on your weapon adds +6 to damage di and 30% to hit. On normal, I went from hitting for about 150-175 with the puresteel blade to around 180 to 200-ish. Multiplied by quick action, and 10 ap, it's quite nice.

Originally Posted By: Beer and Motor Oil
If acid stacked, you'd see damage ranging much higher than just 30-70 (depending on resistances). You'd be able to get it doing up over 100 damage per round. And you can't.
I believe it DID stack in earlier games.

This may simply be because the acid dissipates at a faster rate than you can accumulate it at- for example, you might be only able to inflict 10 levels of acid per round, but since you already have, say, 45, you lose 15 levels per round, for a net loss.