Geneforge 3 Graphics

Ive played all of the Geneforges and each one was awesome ,but i thought Geneforge 3 was the best and i was wondering if it was possible to take the Genforge 5 graphics and use them in Genforge 3.Ive already changed the character graphics and creation graphics ,but im not sure if i can change the other graphics without messing up the game.

Haha, I believe it is possible to do it, but you would be basically remaking all the game's graphics, so I don't recommend doing it unless your as good as the creators of the game xD.

Also, Logan, you should look around, you may be surprised with the number of "patches" that are available to you here.

Originally Posted By: Namine
Haha, I believe it is possible to do it, but you would be basically remaking all the game's graphics, so I don't recommend doing it unless your as good as the creators of the game xD.
Also, Logan, you should look around, you may be surprised with the number of "patches" that are available to you here.

Someone did some unofficial patches for Arcanum, another game similar to these ones. (PC style RPG)

They gave you more resolution options, high res images, new images, etc. and they have updated this patch many times over the years.

I have looked around for patches on this website, and the patches are nothing like what I am looking for...

Unless I'm missing something?

Either way, It would be great if someone worked on a patch like this and helped bring these games into modern times. tongue

Originally Posted By: *Logan*
Originally Posted By: Namine

Someone did some unofficial patches for Arcanum, another game similar to these ones. (PC style RPG)

They gave you more resolution options, high res images, new images, etc. and they have updated this patch many times over the years.

I have looked around for patches on this website, and the patches are nothing like what I am looking for...

Unless I'm missing something?

Either way, It would be great if someone worked on a patch like this and helped bring these games into modern times. tongue

Jeff may completely rewrite the Geneforge series with new graphics, new gameplay, new dungeons, and new engines, ala Exile, at some point in the distant future. Think like 2013-2015 distant future, though.

well i replaced all the Geneforge 3 graphics with the Geneforge 5 ,but i found out that i have to change some of the scripts and the resolution of some of the newer creations for some reason but so far im only stuck on changing the old game play window to the new geneforge 5's verson.

(Every Things Still Coming Together):)

Originally Posted By: LostKnight
well i replaced all the Geneforge 3 graphics with the Geneforge 5 ,but i found out that i have to change some of the scripts and the resolution of some of the newer creations for some reason but so far im only stuck on changing the old game play window to the new geneforge 5's verson.
(Every Things Still Coming Together):)

Really, thats cool.

Please keep me updated about this, I'd love to try it out when it's ready.

Is this a side project to what Dantius mentioned about Jeff remaking the games? Or is this the first step towards that?

• 5 months later...