A6 - Hard Difficulty Experimental Run

I'm trying out an expiremental party on hard difficulty. My 1st char is a duel-wielding nephil fighter that boosted melee weapons up to 9 for blademaster/duel wield and dex to 4 for duel wield. STR and END are both at 3. INT is 2. 1 point in arcane lore, another point in nature lore, and 1 point in first aid. 1 point in duel wield. He has the traits ambidextrous and elite warrior.

My 2nd char has the traits elite warrior and nimble fingers. I would have given him 11 points in pole for mighty blow, but I wasn't going to sacrafice tool use, so I put 10 points into pole. Add the 2 free points from being a slith, and he has 12. 1 point into STR, another into END, 5 into tool use.

My nephil preist (3rd char) and nephil mage (4th char) both have 8 points in bow (2 free, 6 bought) and 2 thrown missles (both points free) for well-aimed blow. My priest has 6 INT, 3 PRI, 2 ARC, 5 spellcraft, and I put 2 points in magical efficiency.

My mage has 6 INT, like my priest. 5 mage spells, 5 spellcraft, 1 nature lore.

I have 2 questions:

1: Is this a party I could survive with? I beat the rats in the castle food depot easily.

2: If I use well-aimed blow with icy rain on a group of monsters, will all monsters take boosted damage?

That party should work fine. I wouldn't call it an experimental party, really; it's pretty close to what most people who play on the higher difficulties use.

My main concern would be that you have only one priest. It'd probably be worthwhile to get your mage some priest spells later on, for emergency healing.

Yea, you will have no issues with that party with the rats or gobbs.

For my Nephil Fighter, I tried ...

2 Str, 5 Dex, 4 Int, 2 End

7 points in Melee -- so I had Quick Strike, Dual Wield, Anatomy, and the others gotten from Elite Warrior/Divine Touch. A few points in QA to boost that -- so I built him more for speed, quick to shoort with a bow, get in-get out and strike hard when he needs to.

While my Slith Fighter I toyed with ..

2 Str, 5 Dex, 2 Int, 2 End

8 Points in Pole, 5 Def. So I had Quick Strike, Parry (@ 6) -- to try out a more defensive feel to see if Parry really makes a difference at 1st level

--

As far as the 5th Battle skill -- the one that costs 11, that's Focus Spirit, looks good

With buying spell levels -- in 1 party, I had each buy 1 lv of priest & mage so I could cast those quick 1st lv spells we seem to cast all the time ..lol

So that way, each character could essentially heal themselves for a little while; And be able to cast quick firebolts if say stuck in a corridor while the front guy is tanking banging on a critter.

Since firebolts do more damage than bows -- "depending on what they're fighting".