expendable creations?[G5]

hi. i am wondering if creations should be treted as semi expendable. i am not avdocating sending them off on suicide missions, but should i shed a tear if one dies? also, should i frequently change and absorbe my creations as the situation requres. what are the benafets of keeping a creation for a long time.

The mechanics of this have been slightly different in each Geneforge game. In G5, you can make the better creations relatively early on, so they have quite an opportunity to gain experience and level up, and you will end up with stronger creations if you keep them alive.

Also the Corrupted Thad is an awesome wrecking ball meant to be expendable. The corrupted one is meant to be a quick and dirty "kill it now" kinda critter.

I personally have xtra essense pods with me -- or I can get back to a pool and recharge. So lemme give you an example.

The training halls: Your low level (~10th I'd think)

I usually create say 3 Fryoas (just for the mass bug fry that will ensue) and after I wipe those bugs out, I absob my critters, use a pod and go back to my main "beat stick" which is by the a boosted Plated Arty.

• 4 weeks later...

I like to make a few good creations but have no intel if the area is kinda easy then send them out keeping them close to enemies and they kill them all come back freely and then I heal them and send them out. After that I absorb them and use pods. Its a good tactic in areas with not much high lvl enemies or an area you just want not to take the time to clear out.

Originally Posted By: Alexwood
I like to make a few good creations but have no intel if the area is kinda easy then send them out keeping them close to enemies and they kill them all come back freely and then I heal them and send them out. After that I absorb them and use pods. Its a good tactic in areas with not much high lvl enemies or an area you just want not to take the time to clear out.

If it is possible, you should head back to town and get free heals.

Originally Posted By: raberry100
seriously i dont think you should ever send a creation into a suicide area, or cry over it dying! let it live and level up as you do, but if it dies make another one but (if possible) with better stats

In G5 at least, there was a vast, vast difference between a creature that you leveled up for a while and a creature that you freshly created with a bunch of skill points- the leveled up ones were vastly superior. A cryoa that's level 40-50 (quite possible, I might add) can be just as good or better than a cryodrayk, and has about half the essence cost. It's well worth your while to try and keep your creations around for a long, long while.