A6 - Vanderin Vanished ?

Gilgamaln

Welcoming myself to these fine forums ! *cue trumpets*

Anyhow ...

After a couple days of playing the Avernum 6 Demo i finally get to lord Trinket's throne room with Vanderin in tow.

I see the shiny gate that leads back to the Castle Food Depot and decide to go for a quick spell energy recharge. When i come back i go ahead with the battle ... I notice Vanderin disappeared during my trip. So I reload and go outside to go fetch the mighty hero, but hes nowhere to be found. No matter how far i go he doesnt respawn outside the mines entrance.

I read that going into the Food Depot with Vanderin in tow used to crash the game before patch. Well it doesnt anymore but Vanderin is however lost forever by doing that..

Is there anyway i havent thought off that would make the lad reappear ? Sdf code mayhaps ? As im writing this im registering to i can try the backtostart cheat. Will see tomorrow.

Edit : Backtostart works ! He reappeared. Keeping post as is for posterity... might help someone (obvious bug)

Shout out to many people who have made me laugh countless times on these forums... and to some amazingly detailed guides.