Revive Geneforge![G5]

I really want Spiderweb to bring back the Geneforge series, and maybe Avernum (haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to get the newest Avernum.) If you want Geneforge back, reply to this topic saying something about bringing it back, I don't care what, but I want to see how many others want it back, and hopefully a lot do want it back, and I hope even more that spiderweb software reads the repliers and see how many probably want the series back, and then bring it back. If somebody from spiderweb software actually does read this, maybe if you can, add even more creatures for the shapers to make, if you cant, that's ok. I bet many will be happy if its brought back.

EDIT: if your wondering, yes i did only make this account to bring geneforge back.

well you jeff might decide to make a blades of geneforge which i think would be awesome because there would be an editor BUT such a thing would take a long time to make and it would probably crash most people's computers because it would be so big and more complicated but he did say he was gonna do something new

hmm if he can't do that maybe he could a Geneforge 5 and Avernum 6 combonation the story would like this wizards built another portal that was supposed to go to the Empire but it went to the land of Geneforge 5 instead and the Avernites and the Empire's soldiers pick sides and it kinda sounds like an alternete ending or upgrade though

Originally Posted By: Nathaniel
hmm if he can't do that maybe he could a Geneforge 5 and Avernum 6 combonation the story would like this wizards built another portal that was supposed to go to the Empire but it went to the land of Geneforge 5 instead and the Avernites and the Empire's soldiers pick sides and it kinda sounds like an alternete ending or upgrade though

Oh goodness, that would be terrible.

There isn't anything left to do in Geneforge. We've killed the whole Council. We slew Ghaldring. We saw ending with the Shapers or Rebels have been completely destroyed. There just isn't any need to keep the series going. 5 is a really big number anyway.

Trisrash was planning on making one where you play a Trakovite agent infiltrating loyalist lands, but I don't think that project has been updated in many months.

I've always wanted to make a BoA scenario based on the Geneforge world. Of course, I probably should start making scenario's of any sort in the first place....

Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
Trisrash was planning on making one where you play a Trakovite agent infiltrating loyalist lands, but I don't think that project has been updated in many months.

I'll probably try to salvage something vaguely Geneforge-ish from it when I get inspiration, so it's not entirely dead..I don't want all the time I spent doing terrain etc to be wasted

Originally Posted By: tridash
Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan

I'll probably try to salvage something vaguely Geneforge-ish from it when I get inspiration, so it's not entirely dead..I don't want all the time I spent doing terrain etc to be wasted

I must admit, that was excellent timing tongue

Jeff has said the story is over. He may remake the Geneforge's with a new engine, but that's about all we can expect. Granted, he may create a whole new storyline in that universe; it's not out of the question. Don't expect that for several years. Spiderweb Software has three employees with a release frequency of about one game per year.

There will be no Blades of Geneforge style game for the reasons stated.

This topic has been discussed many times, a definitive answer is there, it's time for this discussion to fade...